• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Front Suspension Shocks at different compressions - Solutions?

After pulling the tarp off ol' faithful (2010 RMK 600) to start the pre-season tuning, I realized the sled had a lean to its left side. After a few simple tests applying pressure at various points on the sled's chassis, I believed I had the problem narrowed down to a weak/blown front shock (stock Ryde FX's).

I took both left and right side front shocks off, took the springs off and sure enough, the left one had much less compression/resistance when trying to move the cylinder up and down. However not enough compression (or lack thereof) for me to consider it "blown".

Since the sled is now 6 years old, my concern is that if I was to buy 1 brand new shock to replace the weak one, the new shock would be stronger than the right-side and I would still end up having an uneven sag, just now on the right-hand side.

Has anyone else ran into this issue? If so, what solutions did you have? My thought is to put everything back together and just crank up the spring tension on the left side to compensate for the weak shock. Thoughts?

Thanks! Jorg

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
If you can push your Shocks down without physically sitting on them .. Oil , Water ,Nitrogen are now a black soup of non dampening . I've rebuilt brand new 2009 Ryde's that had no Nitrogen from the factory ...?? Dealer said no Warranty because they didn't diagnose it !!

Whatever !! Put a fresh needle in and hit them to 225# . spec says 200 but by the time it looses 50 degrees temp and little needle seepage now your at a real happy 205 with some to spare in case a Ski-donky needs to be shown up !!

Premium Features