• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Fox IQS electronically controlled shocks

P
Jan 31, 2010
Klamath Falls, OR.
I am curious if anyone has actually been using these shocks and how well the controller works? How does it hold up to rolling the sled over and weather, etc?

I have a 2019 Pro and I am thinking of switching to the Khaos rails.

It seems like if this setup works it would be pretty awesome with the rails. I haven’t really found anyone talking about them though.

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
I am curious if anyone has actually been using these shocks and how well the controller works? How does it hold up to rolling the sled over and weather, etc?

I have a 2019 Pro and I am thinking of switching to the Khaos rails.

It seems like if this setup works it would be pretty awesome with the rails. I haven’t really found anyone talking about them though.
I have a set on my 2019 155’’, have run them for two seasons.

I have run RC2 and QS3 for years earlier, will never go back. Love the ease of the adjustments on the fly. Set air pressure and go.

Have not had any issues, would say I am a normal rider, do not beat my stuff to death.

Currently run a Camso X2.7, made the sled a little more playful and better in setup snow. Also looking to change into Khaos rails.

571FE7CF-126E-4FD3-BEFB-33F63DDA6D8C.jpeg

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
How much of a pain was it all to install?

Where did you end up mounting the controller?

And it’s def noticeable when you lock the rear?

I bought the sled with the kit installed, but have had some of the main wire harness off to do coating, definitely more work to install than ordinary shocks, obviously. Routing the wires through the overstructure pipes was the worst part, IMO.

The controller is mounted on my left hand, on the bars.

When locking the rear it is, locked. I do not use it much, maybe when riding very steep terrain or with boost I guess it is a good thing.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Waste of money and weight. They are very time consuming to install and there is a reason why you don't see them on any "sponsored" riders sleds.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Waste of money and weight. They are very time consuming to install and there is a reason why you don't see them on any "sponsored" riders sleds.
Dan adams has them and raved about them on a video i watched

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
If you base what you buy off “what sponsored riders run” then you will be disappointed. And there are plenty of sponsored riders running them. That means nothing though.

I know two guys who have them and like them. The complains I’ve heard are that the pre sets could have a wider range and that if you take a shock out you can’t just buy an individual replacement shock. You’re buying a whole set.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Interesting if true that you cant 't buy them individually.

IMO having them up front would just be a waste of money, and honestly the front track shock would also not be necessary, but sometimes convenient.

I'd be all for having the rear track shock adjustable from the bars directly from the factory. Especially if we see factory boost.

rydningen

Premium Member
May 9, 2009
Northern Norway
If you base what you buy off “what sponsored riders run” then you will be disappointed. And there are plenty of sponsored riders running them. That means nothing though.

I know two guys who have them and like them. The complains I’ve heard are that the pre sets could have a wider range and that if you take a shock out you can’t just buy an individual replacement shock. You’re buying a whole set.

Where did you get that bit of info from?
I contacted Burandt directly about getting a FTS in Khaos lenght, if I remember correctly that was no problem.

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
There’s an interesting thought here for fox, what if they sold a lockout rear only at the push of a button? Kind of like mountain bikes. I’d buy that, but im not in for a whole kit between the hassle and price.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
There’s an interesting thought here for fox, what if they sold a lockout rear only at the push of a button? Kind of like mountain bikes. I’d buy that, but im not in for a whole kit between the hassle and price.
You can basically do this with the skinz ARC

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Premium Features