• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

fox float under a king cat?

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Do keep us posted on how that turns out. Maybe take some pics and we can make a tutorial for people.

I'd like to make something like that for a bunch of the common mods we're all doing to these, and we can make them stickies so we don't see the same "how to?" questions popping up all the time.

sprockethead

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern UT
That rear skid looks great in the old King! That would be great if u guys did a how to on the installation of the skid. How much weight do u think it saves over the KK ti skid?

Sprocket

Last edited:

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I believe we weighed the parts, but I don't remember exactly what it saved. I know the front arm alone is ~3lbs lighter. Then you lose the springs, so I would guess 7-8 lbs?

The installation is really easy if you do have some drop brackets in the rear. I'm interested to see how the M brackets work out.

One problem I thought of is that the M tunnel is narrower, but the rear brackets space out so it uses the same rear arm as the 1M. Putting those brackets on a 1M will mean you'll have to put spacers on both the front and rear arm. Maybe not a big deal, but something to think about.

It will probably work great though, as long as the rivet mounting holes are the same.

76FOMOCO

Apr 18, 2007
Nampa, Idaho
weight the stock rear skid to the new float ski all loaded up and the difference was 12 lbs. this will put me at 477 with no fuel and the stock Mc front shocks and a arms. I will post a step by step on the rear brackets and spacers on how to swap the skids. so far the total for the skid and the rear brackets with a revalve on the float is 825.00. (float conversion, new 09 rails, re valve, M style rear drop brackets stock.) you cant count my big wheel kit and the rebuild on the front rear skid shock (not a float).
at this time i have a total of 10,+++.00 into my cat ;)

Premium Features