• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

fox float skid question?

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
I have an 08 fox float skid on my sled and while suspended in the air I put 140 lbs air in the back shock. Today after riding about a mile in the woops, the suspension was sagging with no rebound. Checked the air pressure with just the sled weight and it was sitting at 210lbs.

My question is that I heard on here somewhere that they aren't rebounding because of a to small orafice for the fluid to pass thru (especially cold). Is this the problem and what is the fix?

Thanx,

MX

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I wouldn't think that the pressure should change that dramatically. I wonder if a seal or something blew out internally and some of the nitrogen pressure is in where it shouldn't be.

smoothdawg

Premium Member
Apr 7, 2008
Spokane, WA.
You are supposed to check the pressure of the shocks with on load on them as per the manual. A higher reading would be normal with weight on the sled. Lift the back of the sled up and then check pressure.

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
Understood, and that is why when I pumped it to 140lbs I had it suspended. I was only saying about the 210 lbs as a referance to what it was sagging to.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Your rear, rear shock needs rebuilt. The floats are notorious for condensation. They sack out and then get warmed up and are fine for a while. You will probably find that it has lost nitrogren as well. Get her rebuilt and you will be fine. About $60.00 at most shops.:beer;

Apr 21, 2008
Understood, and that is why when I pumped it to 140lbs I had it suspended. I was only saying about the 210 lbs as a referance to what it was sagging to.

Saying that it had 210 lbs with weight on the sled doesn't tell you anything since you don't know what it started at (in the loaded state). If you need to adjust or check pressure while out on the trail tip the sled on its side to unload the skid.

Premium Features