• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forward mount post??

P

PwderJnkey

Sep 30, 2012
Troy, Idaho
Does any one know where to get a carb bent steering post, that is compatible with the post being mounted on the front of the cross member? I've seen the older posts about the ones Wildchild makes, but I haven't been able to find him on the forum anymore. I've checked out the ones CR racing has. But when I went to place an order for one, :jaw: I $H!T a gold brick when I saw how much the shipping was going to be. Has anyone attempted to bend or cut & weld the stock post?

Last edited:

arcticcatwill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, id
If I remember right you dont have to have a bent one to move it forward on the carbed kings and mountain cat. Just move it forward. The best thing about buying one from say wild child is that it is they are tougher. Cromoly and you can order it 2'' taller too.

Will

P

PwderJnkey

Sep 30, 2012
Troy, Idaho
No dice.

i checked out canada sled parts and e-mailed them. They told me the post they build is NOT compatible with the 800 mtn cat chassis. Only the 900 King cat chassis. I've tryed bolting the steering post on the front side and everything clears except the carbs. Its looks like a 1.5" to 2" saddle bend is needed to clear the carbs.

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I got one....was held for another member but havent heard from him...I sent PMs but he hasn't responded.

It's got the bend and it clears 54mm carbs. 150 shipped and its yours

B

BikerPepe`

Nov 2, 2011
N.E. Washington
better grab that one from meat... if it's a Wild Child that's a good deal. Hell, if you don't... I'd be interested for that price, despite some financial woes.

as for the "rumor" that the KC/1M 900 Carb doesn't need a bent post... wrong! Tried mine based on these "rumors" and found it was total bs. Even if you shave the lip... the mount still forces the carbs out of whack. Bent post or leave it be, imho.

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
hey pepe....give me a call again when you get a chance, just got my phone back, got your message but the number didn't save

01ZRTCAT

Mar 12, 2010
i checked out canada sled parts and e-mailed them. They told me the post they build is NOT compatible with the 800 mtn cat chassis. Only the 900 King cat chassis. I've tryed bolting the steering post on the front side and everything clears except the carbs. Its looks like a 1.5" to 2" saddle bend is needed to clear the carbs.

I have Installed a Wildchild foward mount post in a 2002 Mtn Cat 800!
You need a 2003 or newer air box, and the new bracket that holds the servo, oil tank , and CDI box. Grind motor mount as described in the instructions

It can be done! Hands down definitely the best Mod for these sleds!

whitemeat

Premium Member
Jan 12, 2010
i love my wild child forward mount post, but i dont like how much play i have already. does any one no if i can tighten up the play

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
Mount

I have Installed a Wildchild foward mount post in a 2002 Mtn Cat 800!
You need a 2003 or newer air box, and the new bracket that holds the servo, oil tank , and CDI box. Grind motor mount as described in the instructions

It can be done! Hands down definitely the best Mod for these sleds!

Just fab a new steering frame further forward cut the face out of the hood in the gauge area and put the steering stem down over the top of the engine build a new bell crank for a true forward mount..

Premium Features