• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

forced air intake for turbos?

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
Jeremy. If you are Jack's deal next weekend maybe we can compare set-ups and also see what Jack did with his. I will be there Saturday for sure.

R

racerjb

Nov 26, 2007
Portland, OR
www.cobemotorsports.com
I was thinking about making something like this for my sled. With the intake pointing to the back of the sled so it gets fresh, clean air. This is the turbo intake for the Audi TDi Lemans car, however it points forward to ram air into the turbo.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
S

SNOW JW

Nov 26, 2007
Belgrade MT
www.coderedperformance.com
I have had fresh air intake systems in the past and they do work for a wile but the problem lies in the intake pluging up with snow and the worst case is Ice buildup when you shut the sled off the heat rises from the turbo iceing up the snow and I have seen a fair share of fresh air 4stroke turbo kits and two strokes that have the turbine all chewed up because of ice chunks falling off the screen or ice buildup inside the intake tube and heading down into the turbo.

If you could keep the ice from building up and the snow off it in the deep power you might have something but it's not going to be easy to do. Our fresh powder in MT is like sugar and is amazing what it will find it's way though and plug up.

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
Gentelmen these are great posts and I really enjoy the input I'm going to take a lot of pics with my turbo project but alass where the heck am I going to mount my muff pot?

Premium Features