• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FnI intake boost vent

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
What's others thought on this? https://www.firenice.us/product/intake-boost-vent
On one hand it seems like a cheap partial solution to the problem for the symptom of bog in deep powder some are experiencing. My understanding however has to do with the rubber elbow pipe running to the turbo collapses when it cant breath. Regardless if you choose to reinforce the pipe with that pricy metal ring insert or buy a $20 reinforced size down pipe via ebay etc. That along with an intake filter to me seems like a better solution rather than sucking warm air in out of the engine compartment. Am I wrong in thinking this or could it still be of some benefit?

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
If i had a boost i probably would do all the above. i think that the engine compartment air stays relatively cool as long as you are moving due to air more or less being rammed through the hood vents. its only when you stop the air would get warm.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
The intake tube is only collapsing because the turbo is not getting adequate airflow. If you think underhood air is hot, you should see what happens to charge temperatures when the turbo doesn't have enough air.
The FNI vent is verified to not increase charge temperatures and get rid of the bog.

What's others thought on this? https://www.firenice.us/product/intake-boost-vent
On one hand it seems like a cheap partial solution to the problem for the symptom of bog in deep powder some are experiencing. My understanding however has to do with the rubber elbow pipe running to the turbo collapses when it cant breath. Regardless if you choose to reinforce the pipe with that pricy metal ring insert or buy a $20 reinforced size down pipe via ebay etc. That along with an intake filter to me seems like a better solution rather than sucking warm air in out of the engine compartment. Am I wrong in thinking this or could it still be of some benefit?

M
Jan 22, 2019
Denver, CO
+3 on the SLP Powervalves (+their powder cover), I installed one on the steering column side of the intake (only flat hard plastic spot, didn't install on the felt backside). Fixes intake boot collapsing and bog and doesn't suck in warm under hood air

Premium Features