• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First Ride Problems

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
even though it's doing it when idling i'd try get some audio of it while riding if possible to show to the dealer if you end up bringing it in.
was that 46 mile range in deep snow? i picked up a 2 gallon fuel bladder for this reason. maybe shoulda gotten the next size up...
2-4 feet of fresh climbing in the trees all day. I don’t thinks it’s much different on fuel than a g4 turbo.

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Are the clutches the same on G4 and G5 turbos?
the G5 x 850 turbo has closed windows on the spider.
The old G4 2 post clutch hold tool will not work
Need this now...
ibackshfit pdrive clutch holder Final.jpg

PSI 800

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 1, 2015
north west british columbia
just watched a video of some guys riding with Dan Adams from NXTLVL clinics recently on new Gen 5's and 1 guy had his rear wheels come loose and in turn drove his rails throu the track. Check ur bolts boys

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
just watched a video of some guys riding with Dan Adams from NXTLVL clinics recently on new Gen 5's and 1 guy had his rear wheels come loose and in turn drove his rails throu the track. Check ur bolts boys
Not a Ski Doo issue. The boy's didn't tighten things back up after installing their aftermarket rails and wheels.

W
Dec 24, 2019
There is another new update for our sleds. Apparently if you get going over 80 mph the sled stops fueling until you get below 65 mph. Who gets a 165 over 80?

I would get the warning around 75 mph and it would limit my speed. So, I took it into the dealer tonight to have it flashed, and they told me I didn't need it. They said some sleds were limited at 30 or 40, and a flash fixed those.

I was "retold" going too fast will ruin your track, 3" lugs and/or other components. So the sled limits you to minimize those problems. Seems reasonable?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I would get the warning around 75 mph and it would limit my speed. So, I took it into the dealer tonight to have it flashed, and they told me I didn't need it. They said some sleds were limited at 30 or 40, and a flash fixed those.

I was "retold" going too fast will ruin your track, 3" lugs and/or other components. So the sled limits you to minimize those problems. Seems reasonable?
Guaranteed, most people having track issues, minus rocks and stumps, were going too fast down trails. Heat transfers from clips into track and delaminates them. People's wallet should limit them. 80 you're already 25 to 30 too fast on icy trails for 3 inch lug.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
My choice to run wide open down the trail period. Guys wanting warranty on track go pound sand. If I want to pass my buddy and blow my sled up my choice. The next thing will be limiting speed on sled like cars for warranty because no one wants to take responsibility.

Premium Features