• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First Ride Problems

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
I got my first ride on a g5 turbo today and had 2 problems. 1 Check engine light comes on between 4900 and 5400 rpm’s this started with 2.1 miles on the sled. 2 One of the rubber strap on the cvt won’t stay on. The sled ran great, way more power than the g4 turbo and way snappier. Has anyone had a check engine light at certain rpm’s before even if it was a g4?

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Dang hopefully these sleds aren’t problem child’s . Injector faults I think was a common code on 22 turbos had a bud lose his engine first ride out and never got sled back till may . 22 freeride

OUCH!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
Went out with 3 big screen g5 turbos today and all three had check engine lights on with the same code. “Knock sensor out of range”. Mine seemed to go away after about 20 miles.
Sounds like potentially the first service bulletin/recall in the making.

F
Nov 18, 2011
North west territory
Crap ! Hopefully all of these aren’t problematic, I got one on order sitting around thinking I’m going to have the same issues . Season is too short for problems already. Maybe there new head design isn’t perfected

Premium Features