• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First ride gen v

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Pros power seems very good and smooth very strong in mid range
cons can definitely tell the right side is heavier, burns lots of oil let’s hope out of breakin it gets better the wind protection has a lot to be desired ordered a windshield today.
going to be a great sled once I get the suspension dialed in and more seat time.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Pros power seems very good and smooth very strong in mid range
cons can definitely tell the right side is heavier, burns lots of oil let’s hope out of breakin it gets better the wind protection has a lot to be desired ordered a windshield today.
going to be a great sled once I get the suspension dialed in and more seat time.

What sled?

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Looking at my G5 I don't see any way you could add a windshield to the summit.? There are no holes or slots anywhere. I get it ,on my trail sled I have a huge windshield but off Trail I just can't drive with one. I'm just razzing you a bit.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Looking at my G5 I don't see any way you could add a windshield to the summit.? There are no holes or slots anywhere. I get it ,on my trail sled I have a huge windshield but off Trail I just can't drive with one. I'm just razzing you a bit.

Doo makes one for the G5 Summit. You drill 3 holes with a keyhole saw, put the grommets in, and away you go. The windshield kit costs around $150. Ski Doo part #

It's a pretty small windshield, but better than nothing.

1671074112184.png

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
A windshield is important to deflect shrapnel when you ride with mixed groups that include Polaris sleds given the number of recalled parts that tend to fly off of those sleds.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I've rode mine upside down but don't ever remember rolling it. I thought that's why they came with fue injection so they run as good upside-down as right side up. I have also never been stuck but i have been detained a time or two.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Time will tell I’m not afraid to roll it over. Never lost a windshield on a planned roll over in the powder. Have had a medium windshield on Polaris for years. Tree branch yes it’ll get them. The arrow dynamics of the pol move the air around the rider at speed. I typically ride 8 to 20 miles of trail to get to my riding areas.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Yikes that windshield is homely! Might consider a better coat.

Yup.

Doo's design team blew it with the G5 Summit in the looks department. Better luck with the G6!

Premium Features