• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Finally solved the issue with my sled!!!!

A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
Got the sled back from Alaska Mountain Magic in Talkeetna recently. They had found my issue Id been having with the sled shutting off on me and getting overheated all the time. Turns out the spider in my primary clutch was broken, causing one of the rollers to seize and one of my weights started grinding away little by little until the sled was basically unrideable for more than a few mins off trail. I had never looked into the primary because it had the titanium spring that doesnt sack out. I rebuilt the secondary but it didnt help.

New clutch parts in, some lighter weights and she absolutely rips!! Cant say enough about the Talkeetna AC dealer and Cooper if youre on the forums thanks alot!

Here is a picture of the clutch weight that was binding beside a good Polaris weight. This had been going on since mid last season, I cant beleive I didnt catch it myself.

clutchweights1.jpg

clutchweights2.jpg

I
Nov 26, 2007
Oops, didn't read your signature. I thought this was on a skidoo. I'll never understand arctic cats clutching.

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
Right on, man! I remember the thread you had about your sled last season..glad you got it figured out!

Heard a lot of nice things about Mountain Magic!

Premium Features