• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Feels like some thing slipping at top RPM??

MUZBOMB

Lifetime Membership
Aug 15, 2008
Albeta sometimes Saskatchewan
Hey i was out to day riding and when i cracked it open across a feild i pulls hard and hits 7900RMP's. Once and awhile it slips loose power and if you let off then get back on it is there again? I ride at 2500ft i have a orange/white primary spring with 77g weights and a RKT secondary kit(34/36 helix) with a green sno pro spring. Should i adjust the RKT secondary and put alittle more tension on the spring? Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
What are you riding?My guess by your RPM is a M1K.If so what belt are you running and have you checked to see if rivits have come out or loose on cover under secondary?

Last edited:

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
It sounds like you maybe getting a little snow on your clutches causing it to slip.It happened to me after landing on top of a stump which knocked out a couple of rivits on cover under secondary.

Cheers,
Dave

C
Mar 19, 2009
I dont have a clue eh?

I ride real powder, hood packed full of it including the clutches ALL DAY LONG! and never have had a slipping issue due to snow, only improper maintainance and set-up or rider error will cause your issue.....some people dont have a clue. thanks.

S

ski4living

Sep 4, 2008
McCall , Idaho
I had the same problem. Pull off your secondary clutch, clean it with brake cleaner. Sometimes belt dust will keep it from opening smoothly. Just did mine and it work great. See if it helps. 5.00 fix

Premium Features