• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

faulty stator?

truckyeah

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2019
coolant light flashing steady on efi king cat 900, swaped ecu and wiring harness, swapped coolant temp sender, verified ecu and harness by unplugging sensor and got code for open circuit, jumped harness end together and verified code for short circuit, only thing i havent tried is new stator, im getting short on ideas and any help would be greatly appreaciated, thank you

R
Have you OHM checked the connections, they come out of the bottom of the mag cover. use a quality tester.
Hows your coolant level? Have you drained it lately? Is it low? It might be air locked? Start with the original problem/issue.

truckyeah

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 15, 2019
the coolant is topped up and i have tried with the thermostat removed and the coolant is above the termostat, i have tried bleeding the cooling system with the nose lifted 3 or 4 feet in the air with my engine crane i know that these systems are hard to bleed, i havent yet ohmed out the stator, good multimeter is at work, i replaced the coolant at the end of last season, i put boyesen reeds in, bought this sled broken and fixed it up, not sure of the origin of the concern, it may have been there before, it is wierd as the coolant over heat light flashes as soon as the sled fires, even if its 20 below on cold start, i will check stator resistance, thanks for the sugestions.

G

Gunit111

Mar 9, 2021
Alberta
Is there a posister in the circuit? If so, try pulling it out; it's only purpose is to momentarily turn the hot light and oil light on when you first start it up so you know the bulbs are good.

Premium Features