• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Factory exp. 1000 mod Kig Cat

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
I've thought long and hard on this, it's a tough one. I, with great help, have built one of the best King Cats ever. I love mountain riding and building sleds, but I've only went out once in two years. There is only 500 miles on this engine and track, etc. A lot of extra clutch and other parts. cover too.
The sled '04 carb King Cat, what's been done; Sledjunky drop brackets, 162''X 2.5'' Camo-Extreme, snorkel, 44mm roundslides, V-force reeds 46 mm intake flanges, bored for the new 1000 Suzuki pistons, shimmed for stroke and trail ported , both case and cylinders, mono-block insert domes, Black Magic heads both high comp and low. Twin Jaws D-pipes with front exit, re-programmed ECUs one with 2 deg advance and one two deg less than stock, Digitron two window EGTs and tach. It also has the new M-1000 recoil. and Simmons skis, and raised bars.
Two hoods, one stock and one is a no-decal color changing. Sometimes it's emerald green, then purple, black or royale blue.
This sled has just over two hundred HP and comes on like a rocket. About the only time I rode it this year I won Sport-open at Spirit Mountian Duluth MN. The other time I pulled a two hundred foot tail walk.

I need eight grand. There is no damage at all on this sled.
Call my Cell 218-393-3570, Owen Christensen

Last edited:
H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
I can't figure out the pic. thing.

A little more history on this engine. The engineers at Cat had worked up a max. HP limmit on the 862 stock bore. Mostly porting , but also intake and exhaust work too. When the 1000 came out we took those pistons and the max. HP porting spec. to build this one actually a 975 cc because of a slightly shorter stroke. The neet thing is this engine spins 800 rpms faster than a 1000 and with 40 more HP.

I'll keep trying on those pics.

Owen, 218-393-3570

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Too bad to hear you are selling yours Owen.

I'll give another plug for this motor mod, we've got 3 running, one with over 1000 miles on it this year with no motor related problems. Pull and go, no fussing with it, and it runs great.

This will make someone a great mountain sled

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Thanks, that's what I like about it, besides the power

It starts like a stocker, good on fuel, the recoil coversion makes it sooooo sweet. I don't often rejet.

Owen

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
picture2.jpg

picture3.jpg

picture1.jpg

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
This thing is fully tuned and hauls the mail.

I see you can trim a couple thousand off this price , but I'll bet it's because the others don't work. This sled will probably out run any up to a turbo.

Owen

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
Most engine mods. need advanced timing to ,

and along with a mix. of race fuel, to get the most out of a mod. engine.
I believe all builders use an off-set key to do this. I have someone with the ability to reprogram my ECU timing curve. This allows me to have the advance only at wide open and not all the way thru the whole timing curve.
The conection I have is not for hire, so an off-set key is your only answer.
Caution; advnce timing also cools the pipe. In my case I've wrapped them and at high alt. I use chokes in the tail pipe exits.

Owen

H

high time

Nov 28, 2007
Duluth, MN
The wrist pin was the same but ,

it's mounted about 27 thousands lower from top of piston, so a shim under the cylinder is required.

Owen

Premium Features