• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

F-Bomb and other Track Mods........

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA

..and I didn't clip the heads, I used headless cabinet screws. They actually do have a head, it's just very small. They use a square drive and I sank the heads. (didn't want to think about them coming out with the track spin)
I also didn't trim the paddles. I was just after the stiff'ning effect. Did not want to deal with the no traction in the shop/trailer issue.
I'm thinking it should work pretty well. I know I'm sure looking forward to trying it out.

Bagger

Bagger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
South Central WA
Happy,
McFeely's.com If your a hardware guy, don't go there untill you have a couple hours !

I have bins of fastners in the shop, but if memory serves me right what I used are #7 headless cabinet screws. They might call them headless trim screws.
They offer them in several coatings. The ones I used are stainless. I had them left over from a boat re-model. They are self tapping, and the head pulls right into the track.

A little tip, I dipped the screws into a small pan with some mineral oil in it helped a lot with heat buildup.
I just sank the screws between the tabs on the ends of the paddles. Like you, I was worried about the tunnel. I run my rear suspension pretty soft.
Good Luck!

Bagger

H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
Bagger this is what I did. Maybe its the same as you!!
Trackscrews2.jpg

Trackscrew1.jpg

RMK935VA

Premium Member
Jan 14, 2008
Why not sell the track and buy a Camoplast Challenger Extreme? It is already stiff and you don't lose lug height. In fact, you gain a little. As far as porting goes, the 07 and 08 Polaris tracks have a lot of holes in them already. In fact, they have so many, that they are scary on water crossings compared to a non-ported track. I almost sunk mine last spring because of this issue.

H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
Rob did his mod to a camo track!! Most of us are not to worried about water skipping. I did it to this track because it was a cheap fix for now!! I didnt want to change out drivers again. I didnt want to buy the polaris camo etreme either. Would rather run this until its wore out then change to a 3.0 pitch camo or whatever is best then!! I am hearing great things about the new cat track!

Premium Features