• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Expo 120 Races. Give your kids the time of their lives!

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
The snowmobile expo is coming up march 16, 17, and 18. This yr West Yellowstone is holding a Western Championships for just the kids!! Along with the bigger classes they will have 4 different 120 classes. Stock which is just that STOCK! Speed limited which you can do gearing and clutching but stock chasi and suspension. Champ class which is pretty much full mod but the motor has the have same bore and stroke(I think) but you can run wide front ends with front and rear suspension and larger skis. And the outlaw class for those of you who might have put a 200cc motor in you lil 120.

This is the 3rd season my son has been racing and both my son and I have had a great time. I have made some great friends and my son can hardly wait for the next race wknd to go racing and to see all his race buddies!!

For the most part you only need a sled that fits one of the classes, helmet, goggles, chest protector, knee and shin guards, boots, gloves, and a mouth piece!

I'll post a link and add some pics later I just wanted to get this up there so you guys can start thinking about it! I believe all entries get a trophy also! My son still sleeps with his new ones after each race!!

I'm more than happy to help answer any questions or even help with setups for the speed limited. I think you can take a stocker and make it a speed limited for a couple hundred bucks but would need to order the stuff soon!!! And even after the race your kid will love you even more for making their 120 run better!!

Feel free to text, call, pm, or email with any questions.
Built4dtuff1@aol.com
801-643-6046

I promise youll never regret passing on a ride with your buddies to spend the day on the track watching your kids race!!!

Hope to see you at the races!!!
Blake

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
it will be a few years before my daughter is old enough to do this, seeing how she isnt even born yet... but im planning on getting her into this! :) might have to buy your sleds off you in a few years!

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
it will be a few years before my daughter is old enough to do this, seeing how she isnt even born yet... but im planning on getting her into this! :) might have to buy your sleds off you in a few years!

Lol I gave his first 120 away to a buddy cuz there wasn't much left of it and his 2011 has only been raced so very little time on it and it is F A S T!!! I have that one pre-sold after the expo and 2 guys in line if buyer number 1 doesn't follow through. 100% legal!! But I'm almost positive I can duplicate it! I started my son on his 120 when he was 2 so plan ahead and have it ready and be in shape so you can run along side allllll day long with the tether in your hand for when stuff goes bad!! I started him racing the wknd of his 5th bday.

Hey Blake, did you get that Ski doo put together? How did it turn out?

Hey Marc! I got the running boards done and they totally kick ars!!! Brought him up to the perfect height. The seat will be a huge help but haven't been able to spend the time like I need to. His champ has been giving me heartburn but I'm dialing it in just in time:). He has only raced the skidoo a couple times. Running 3 classes at a time took it's toll on him opening wknd. That very first day of racing he ran over 30 laps and just couldn't hang on at the end of the day. So we decided to just focus on the 120's for the rest of the year. Thanks again for all your help!!!

I emailed duner a cpl pics to post I'm techiratarded:(

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming

Uh....you better correct this, based on the recent ultrasound results! :face-icon-small-win A new little Phat-man on the way! I suspect he'll be jumping/dropping bikes off the Tuff Shed by the time he can walk!

Blake...sounds fun! Think they would let Jake into the 120 class? haha!

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
Jake in the 120 class? Corbin digs the idea! As much as I like Jake please ask him to stay away from Corbin's sleds. I tried to ride his stocker one time and that poor thing was never the same;)

DUNER must be too busy to be my picture poster bioutch:(

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
Jake in the 120 class? Corbin digs the idea! As much as I like Jake please ask him to stay away from Corbin's sleds. I tried to ride his stocker one time and that poor thing was never the same;)

DUNER must be too busy to be my picture poster bioutch:(

Send them to me, i'll post for ya. computard.

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT
Here's the pics of builtchevytuff's boy... Nice shots! :camera: Looks like a ton of fun!

built4.jpg

built3.jpg

built2.jpg

built1.jpg

built5.jpg

D

DRAPE

Feb 19, 2008
NSL UT

For some reason I think you'll have a boy first... Just a hunch. :face-icon-small-win

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
Thanks Drape!!! 1st pic is of him on his Speed Limited stocker. Just clutching and gearing. The rest are on his Champ which has pretty much everything done to it from full Fabcraft suspension to the motor that puts out about 3 times what a stock motor does but is still based on the 120 motor. Has a real clutches similar to the big sleds with a jack shaft installed and anti ratchet drivers:)

phatty

Premium Member
Nov 21, 2007
Salt Lake City
www.boondockers.ca
lol bunch of clowns on here :) yea so if this boy turns out like me im in trouble... i can clearly recall climbing onto my roof to jump off into the drifts when i was 6 or 7... im 100% convinced that racing will be safer than free riding...

can you govern these 120s down for a 2 year old to ride? I had no idea they were so hard to find and buy. crazyness...

pictures look awesome! fun family events!

B

built4dtuff

Dec 17, 2002
Northern Utah
Yes you can slow them down but if you cut the fuel too much it won't engage. My suggestion is find a big open area with 2 to 3 inches of snow. Just enough for the sled but not so much you can't run. Show them the gas and brake. Put the tether on your wrist and try and keep up. Once they learn to steer and let off the gas when something gets in their way you can put the tether on them. Hoods are expensive but belly pans are only $100. Once they master the stock set up then clutching, gearing, govenor over ride, and main jet adjuster. Don't buy a pipe if you plan to race since they are not allowed in speed limited class. New 120's are cool but slow. I bought my son a new one to race after his first season thinking that would be better WRONG!!! New = tight and slow. I bought his first 1 for $600 bought the 2nd 1 for $750. I sold the 2nd one pretty quickly cuz I couldn't make it fast but I was still learning:). It's not real hard to make the faster but there are a few tricks to make the real fast.

I miss a lot of riding due to racing but I have had the time of my life racing with my son.

R

RMKED

Jan 31, 2010
Woods Cross, Utah
www.ksl.com
No pictures of the Ski Don't??? Ugliest sled ever!
Looks like a blast, Blake! I wish my pops would have gotten me involved in this when I was a youngn

Last edited:
Premium Features