• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EVO BRV Problems

B

bigstick

Dec 27, 2011
Liberty SK
I got a 2013 1100T and i got a big chute kit with the three stage mapping, also a full tlc delete kit and HD chain and gears, full 2.5'' exhaust. the sled works good but i am having problems with my BRV valve. I will giver on the throttle and let off and get back on the hog and all you can hear is boost coming back out the air cleaner that i got mounted by the handle bars then i got to burp the throttle a couple times to get it closed and going again. And by the time i do all of this i am almost stuck on the side of the hill and trenching like a backhoe trying to get going again. I have bought two of them thinking it was just a bad one but no such luck. Does anyone have any info that might help me out?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
First thing is first. Take the BRV apart and clean it and then lightly relube it with some lightweight synthetic grease.

Second thing is to check the Check valve. First that it is installed in the correct direction, second that it is a brass valve(not plastic). If both of those are good then you may need to check the operation of the check valve.

There was an update from the original check valve which was plastic. Some had issues some did not so Evo replaced most if I remember right.

B

bigstick

Dec 27, 2011
Liberty SK
I have gotten the new brass check valve and that never made a difference and I have taken both of them apart and tried multiple different greases from white lithium to dry graphite and have wrapped both the valve in heat wrap tape thinking heat could be the problem. I guess I will take everything apart one more time and clean it out re grease it and see what happens.

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Check line routing...

You have to be careful with the line routing as well - it's a fairly tight bend off the regulator, and can be pinched once the hood is installed. If the valve moves freely in the housing and is lubricated with light synthetic grease, I would look at the line routing and solonoid that it plugs into.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Glenville, Minnesota
I had the same problem and it was one of the solenoids that them hoses plug into above the clutch guard I can't remember which one it was but I took one off of my brothers sled and put it on my sled problem solved I ordered a new one

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
Just a quick note as to something I have seen a few times. There are two sensors/solenoids that have boost lines plugged into them and they have atmospheric sensors as well. The atmospheric side will be a barb with no hose on it. I have seen insect nests or dirt/mud packed in there by insects that plugged the hole. This would be on sleds that are garaged and well taken care of, not just left out in the grain field for the summer. It is worth glancing at.

G
Dec 3, 2008
Mine was having the same issue and I found a tube that was slightly pinched. Wasn't a tight pinch either it was just enough that you couldn't move the tube easily. I adjusted it right away and never had it happen again.

Premium Features