• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ejection Seat Finally Gone

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Does any body know if the 2013 seat will retrofit to a 2012. I would love to throw away the stock EJECTION seat and get on something about 5" lower. How in the world do you stay on these Pro's in steep, gnarly, trenched, whooped out downhills. When I read the '13 would sit lower it was almost as if they read my mind. I almost went over the bars three times yesterday, and it wasn't that steep. The first thing that happens is your knee's slide around the cowling, then the gas cap tries to castrate you, then you start going over the bars. Thank god the gas cap has a good grip of your manparts.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
Does any body know if the 2013 seat will retrofit to a 2012. I would love to throw away the stock EJECTION seat and get on something about 5" lower. How in the world do you stay on these Pro's in steep, gnarly, trenched, whooped out downhills. When I read the '13 would sit lower it was almost as if they read my mind. I almost went over the bars three times yesterday, and it wasn't that steep. The first thing that happens is your knee's slide around the cowling, then the gas cap tries to castrate you, then you start going over the bars. Thank god the gas cap has a good grip of your manparts.

The seat is going to be shorter in length, not shorter in height... the height will be the same as the current seats.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
I agree, needs a lower seat option. I know it is wider come '13. I ride high mileage each year and sit down alot(transportation and trapline).

Just pull off the cover and trim the foam down, just did this on my son's '07 seat we installed on his '06 RMK, 1.5" lower and thus making it wider will be alot more comfy!

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
:face-icon-small-ton Sort of funny how things evolve over the years....when seats were low the aftermarket convinced us we need taller seats. Now they are tall and we want smaller and lower seats.
Same thing with track porting.....has holes? get rid of them, if it doesn't have holes it needs them.
Bar risers....they need to be taller, no...now they need to be shorter.
Single ring pistons? replace with dual ring....dual ring? replace with single.
And the list goes on....:face-icon-small-con

Premium Features