• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

EFI Controller Options

I have a 2010 M8 with a Cutler Stage II Turbo and the Attitude EFI control box.
Problem is I'm maxed out on fuel at 8 to 9#'s of boost.
Would like to be able to run a little more boost on occasion (wud ad 120RG to suit).
Option #1 - buy the Cutler dual injector throttle bodies, extra injectors and new Attitude controller for dual injectors.
Option #2 - I have a set of M1000 injectors and a newer PCV with Autotune. I could add a Bosch 3 bar map sensor and wire that to the PCV (they now offer this as an option). The PCV has the ability to go negative and positive buffer values for the EFI map (wud have to lean out a bit at low and midrange with the bigger injectors). This setup allows to you run real time EFI with feedback from the wide band O2 sensor. You can program by Air/Fuel ratio and it will create the map for you.

I'm favoring Option #2 but have done some calling around. Nobody except Speedwerx is using this setup and they program it for a supercharger, not a turbo. So it looks like I'm writing my own map going this route.

PCV is very friendly with access to the complete EFI map. Also has a option for an accelerator pump function where you can program a burst and duration for additional fuel.

Any advice??

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
Seems to me it would make the most sense to upgrade your Cutler stage 2 to their stage 3 kit. I would assume that he has the mapping dialed in since the kit has been around for quite a while. Might cost you a little more money now, but save you a lot of headaches down the road. JMO

Polarisrocks

Lifetime Membership
Sep 22, 2002
Eastern Wa
Dude... Buy a new fuel controller with secondary injectors. Buy a boost it and weld in some secondary injectors in the air box and be done.. I'll send you a good map to start from and your done...

Option 2
Buy the pure logic box with secondarys and the ez tune, put the m1000 injectors in the air box and unhook the 1 to1 fpr and you should have a nice set up.

Now fueling, is you pump big enough to run 10-12 lbs, no.. So you will need the boondockers fuel booster board or a bigger high volumn pump.

You could spend days or cost you some pistons building your own map for the PCV.. why. There are soo many better options than tune with a laptop for days and then haul that laptop around to make changes.

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Only input I have on this is that laptops absolutely suck to tune with, I dont recommend the pcv just cause its a pain to use with a laptop, also you need to know what you are doing a lot more then with other boxes since you have more options, its for more skilled tuners IMO.

S

Snopro_69

Mar 25, 2008
Saskatchewan
We've ran 10lbs on the M series Cpc 2 for years with enough fuel. My buddy even ran his with stock pump an injectors for a day at 12 lbs (100LL all time). Would only start running out of fuel on long long pulls. What fuel PSI you running? You should be able to do 10 lbs unless very low elevation.

stcatman

Premium Member
Dec 1, 2007
cottonwood idaho
if you want power

you could buy thunders twisted 1000 listed in the swapmeet, he built that sled last year and he is taking it in the shorts, the 1000 turbo is insane power and the funest sled i have ever had, or step up to the cutler stage 3 but still a 800

Thanks for your input guys.
My fuel gauge is under the hood.
Its the stock pump with the Cutler in tank fuel pressure adjuster added.
Next ride I'm going to either prop the hood open or just take it off and see if i can read pump pressure at WOT.
What should I be seeing? Should the pressure be rising or staying constant??

av8er

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2006
Kalispell, MT.
fuel pressure should raise

mine is 40 psi at idle, then 1psi raise per 1lb of boost so at 5psi boost, fuel pump is at 45 psi.
Also I would keep it simple, unless you want to risk a set of pistons, get the cutler stage 3 upgrade kit

Last edited:

M-Head

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2010
Yakima, WA
I had the same problem. 9.5lbs and maxing out the attitude box. Did some testing, replaced the high vol. Fuel pump, now at 3.5 on the boost light. Find out what that fuel pressure is doing under full load. I run 10-12 lbs 4-7000 feet on a Cutler stage II with 100ll and never hit the det sensor.

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
I use the stock pump with 40 psi i have a 4 inject. setup but use the bd fuel card. does any one know the limit of that fuel card.With my saet up i do not use the rising rate so im always 40 psi at 11# works great Im on a 09 m8.

M-Head

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2010
Yakima, WA
Got the pump from OVS. I believe it is a Walbro f20000286. Completely fixed my problem. Garr at OVS said it is common for those pumps to go bad, and in my situation, he was spot on.

Premium Features