• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ecu

Jan 27, 2009
I found out hat i need a new ECU for my sled and was wondering if mabey someone had an ECU they were lookin to sell so if yoi got one or know where to get one for a good price please email me at sled_head370@hotmail.com
The sled is an 06 M7 Really dont feel like paying $$1300.00 for a new one.
Thanks, Tommy

R

rigrat

Apr 19, 2008
Alberta
What was your sled doing to warrant a new ecu? Did it quit running or what were the signs of a bad ecu?

harf69

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
you need to look and see if your ecm has a square or a circle or a triangle on it they are different I dont know what the difference is.

Jan 27, 2009
I took it to a local Arctic Cat dealer because it had a really bad bog that would not go away and i couldnt figure out what was wrong with it. Theyve tried a bunch of things and narrowed it down to a bad ECU. They sent it out to get tested hasnt came back yet but just gettin a head start incase i need to get one.

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
Would a bog issue really be a ECU? I know lots of guys here had that issue cause of fuel pressure? The square circle triangle is for the injectors.. I just thought mine was pouched too but it turned out to be the stator. I Pmed racinstation about one and he never replied, so if u do need one goodluck. Pm freeagent. Best cat dealer ive come across. But id deff look into a few more things before bustin out the coin for a ecu! I was told it IS A VERY RARE occurence that they go out,

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
A bog is usually caused by a number of different things, rarely the ecu. Fuel pressure, stator, TPS, air temp sensor, water temp sensor, kinked barimetric pressure hose, shorted wires or wire connections.

N

Nate

Apr 22, 2006
Northeast Wyoming/Mission Viejo California
awsome been riding in mcbride almost every weekend

Good to hear :)

A bog is usually caused by a number of different things, rarely the ecu. Fuel pressure, stator, TPS, air temp sensor, water temp sensor, kinked barimetric pressure hose, shorted wires or wire connections.

Sheesh digger.........you really know how to take the wind out of someones sails :face-icon-small-ton

PowerJoe

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
The best thing you can do is slap an ECU on from a good working sled. I had to do this because I bought a used reprogrammed one from Arctic Cat and my powervalves weren't working. Turns out it was the ECU I bought from Cat was bad. It didn't cause a bog though.

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
I fit turns out that you need one let me know I've got one that I;ll sell you, it will need to be reprogrammed it's from a m6...I'm in Anchorage

Premium Features