• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Easiest way to remove skid

S

Slednadz

Oct 19, 2011
Needing to fix rails.Looking for the easiest way to remove an re-install skid on a King Cat

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Hoist the tail in the air, loosen the track, un hook your rear springs or if it is a float take the top bolt out of the shock, take the four bolts out and slide it out. When putting it back in bolt the front up first, put a block of wood under the track at the front shock and lower the sled down until the rear holes are in place. Long sentence!

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
Only thing I will add is to just take the slides off for torsion spring and leave track adj alone. This will give you enough play to remove suspension and will not have to re-do track tension. Put front in first when re-installing suspension.

J
Dec 10, 2007
What i usually do, especially with my pc, is take the four bolts out and put the sled on its slide. Then pull the track/skid out so it is a y or a t from the sled and it pulls right out after loosening the tensioners. Put it back in the same way as well.

S

Slednadz

Oct 19, 2011
Only thing I will add is to just take the slides off for torsion spring and leave track adj alone. This will give you enough play to remove suspension and will not have to re-do track tension. Put front in first when re-installing suspension.

I assume the slides your talking about for the torsion spring are the that things attached to the rail? how much tension are on these springs?

Premium Features