• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Drop Bracket Suspension Changes

S
Sep 5, 2011
Okotoks, Alberta
Hey guys, I recently installed a set of SJ drop brackets. It seems to have changed something with my rear suspension. I now have my spring tension on max so it doesn't sag when I sit towards the rear and it will not full extend like it did before the mod. You can see in the picture that the suspension is not fully opening and hitting the stop like it used to.

Is there an adjustment I need to make (front limiter maybe?) or something I've done incorrectly?

Thank you for any info or help.

suspension.jpg

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Looks like you have the lower front mount of the dog leg tipped down, it should be up. What I'm talking about is the lower shock mount needs to be tipped up not down. They always fall down when you put them together. The track will hit it too.

The lower part of the shock where it comect has droped dowr or rolled over. Mine does it all the time and cant figure out why but makes me mad cause it affects the way it climbs. Just take a pry bar and pry it back up. should roll over and be above the wheels.

01ZRTCAT

Mar 12, 2010
Looks like you have the lower front mount of the dog leg tipped down, it should be up. What I'm talking about is the lower shock mount needs to be tipped up not down. They always fall down when you put them together. The track will hit it too.

X2...

S
Sep 5, 2011
Okotoks, Alberta
Sorry to bring this up again, but something still isn't quite right....or quite the way it used to be anyway.

The suspension now sags and the springs will not hold the weight of just the rear of the sled. I can pull it to top, very easily...but it will just sag back down again without any extra weight.

Is this normal with the brackets?

Thank you!

G
Nov 4, 2010
Shock

I would check your rear shock. It sounds like that might be the problem. Check it while it is out of the sled and see if you can compress it with little force.

Premium Features