• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dragon VS Rush

R
Sep 2, 2009
chinook, mt
I am in the process of buying a new sled but am having trouble deciding between the rush and the dragon was hoping for a little help deciding so i am open for any feed back.

thanks

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
Depends on what you want it for, give us some info...

How long have you been riding or are you new?

Are you into ditch banging, mountain riding, trails?

where do you live/ride? Elevation?

R
Sep 2, 2009
chinook, mt
I screwed up

sorry guys i meant
to ask what the difference between the assult and the dragon i know the assault come with a 146 and the dragon gose 155 and up but other then that what do i benefit?

Here is what i want it for i do alot of mountin riding not a big hill climber but still new to it so i am getting a little more daring every trip. I love deep powder and boon docking and my last two sleds were a 2004 ski-doo summit and a 2007 Polaris vertical limit mod.

thanks agean guys
richblazer

A
Dec 31, 2007
Eagle River, AK
sorry guys i meant
to ask what the difference between the assult and the dragon i know the assault come with a 146 and the dragon gose 155 and up but other then that what do i benefit?

Here is what i want it for i do alot of mountin riding not a big hill climber but still new to it so i am getting a little more daring every trip. I love deep powder and boon docking and my last two sleds were a 2004 ski-doo summit and a 2007 Polaris vertical limit mod.

thanks agean guys
richblazer

I'd say go with the RMK Dragon or regular RMK, the assault is setup more for dropping cornices and back country riding, the RMK will carve easier with it's narrower stance and has a better track for the powder.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
There are some other threads with this comparison that would help you out. It seems most people either conver their Assault to do better in the powder or their RMK to do better in suspension. I opted for the 2nd option.

X

XC700116

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 2, 2007
Milliken, CO
There are some other threads with this comparison that would help you out. It seems most people either conver their Assault to do better in the powder or their RMK to do better in suspension. I opted for the 2nd option.

the 2nd option is what I did too, if your not a 155-175 lb rider you should really get the assaults shocks re-valved for your weight and style to get them to perform their best anyway. So you can save the $$ you'd spend extra on the Assault and a decent track for it and buy a 155 RMK and put GREAT suspension under it set up for your weight and style of riding. All around better performer for real close to the same money.

R
Sep 2, 2009
chinook, mt
explaining my self

sorry guys it was not my sled it was my uncles it was a vertical edge i think i am a little rusty on my sleds like i said i have been out of the game for a wile that has allot of modifications done to it

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
Like stated two different beasts for two different applications.

From what you said you ride mtns. most of the time. The Rush is not the sled of choice. There has been some talk about long tracking one but IMO you start changing the geomtry of the track on the Rush and you are basically ruining what its best intended for and most likely wont achieve the same results as a factory setup RMK.

Premium Features