• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dirt bike style seat on an edge?

RMK4life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Why don't you buy a motocross seat and then fab up or have someone fab up some supports that will fit your sled? I'm sure you could get it done for pretty cheap.

S

Snocross 100

Oct 6, 2008
Yea thats what will probably happen but want any tips or just to get one in the mail that is proven to work! I might not run a seat? IDK I never sit down!!

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
^ Wouldn't do that. When I wreck, I want something soft there.

S.Diddy

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Park City, UT
Look at the Black Turbo'd IQR that Winter built a couple years ago if you want to get an idea of how to mount it, what it will look like etc. You may even be able to pm him and ask some q's.

I've been running dirt bike seats for the last five years, I wouldn't use anything else. They are lighter and half the cost of any seat out there, they also allow more free movement around the center of the sled without getting your foot caught on the seat. there is nothing easy about building a good stand for the seat that looks good and blends the seat and tank together

Last edited:
N
Nov 12, 2008
West Branch, Mi
Here is a pic of winters turbo. Good luck contacting him about the seat. I've pm'd him many time with no answer :( ?

winterturbo-1.jpg

S.Diddy

Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Park City, UT
I dont think this is how winter did it, but I had an idea about mounting the front of the seat. You could make a plate bracket that came off the front of the moto seat which had a hole in it to fit over the gas cap. Then use the original plastic locknut that normally tightens down on the console plastics to secure it down. At least that how I'd do it on the newer IQ chassis. Can';t remember if it's the same on the edge.

Premium Features