• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Diesel Trucks

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
My 6.7 is shoe horned into the SD engine bay😂 Better with egr gone, but that would be a real weird spot to mount it😜

C
Feb 23, 2020
Just wondering what everyone’s experience has been the last few years. Looking at a new Ford or GM but of course the internet is generally full of complaints and not a balanced comparison. Any opinions on overall quality and reliability? Owned many GM’s but never a Ford. Drive them both and they are nice but who knows longer term. Thanks.

I had 2016, 2019 and 2021 Sierra HD trucks and now a 2024 Sierra HD Ultimate. The ‘19 and ‘21 trucks in particular never had an issue but the ‘24 has a bunch of software/electronics gremlins. I knew that was the risk buying the first year of the new electrical architecture but couldn’t help myself as I loved the interior. Maybe 25 will have some bugs worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TDR

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2012
Thank you for all the replies. Went with a 24 F350. First Ford for me but they all seem to have pros and cons. Time will tell I guess.

CHarding

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 3, 2019
Thank you for all the replies. Went with a 24 F350. First Ford for me but they all seem to have pros and cons. Time will tell I guess.
I've got 7,500 miles on my 24' F350 so far and I really like it so far, great truck. It's been awhile since I had a Ford. Been a diehard Cummins guy. I hope it's as good and reliable as my last Ram. I put over 200,000 on my 18' Megacab and loved it, great truck. 🤞

TDR

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2012
I've got 7,500 miles on my 24' F350 so far and I really like it so far, great truck. It's been awhile since I had a Ford. Been a diehard Cummins guy. I hope it's as good and reliable as my last Ram. I put over 200,000 on my 18' Megacab and loved it, great truck.

That’s good news. I’m coming off a 10 duramax with 350k on it. Solid truck and have only done ball joints and changed the oil so I have high hopes.

Premium Features