• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Diamond Drive went out

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
On my 08 M8, just under 1,000 miles. Are these usually covered under warranty, as I still have some left. If not, sounds like I should get one from BD Extreme.

Is this easy to replace yourself?

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
make them warranty it!!! they fail continuously!!! if they say they haven't had any other failures just wait you'll have about 20 replies on here by the end of the day. just copy and show it to them. the planetary is gauranteed to fail...

gopher-it!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
make them warranty it!!! they fail continuously!!! if they say they haven't had any other failures just wait you'll have about 20 replies on here by the end of the day. just copy and show it to them. [[[[[the planetary is gauranteed]]]]] to fail...

i have over 6000 miles on three different sleds 05 m7 , 08 m1000 , 09 m1000 yet to have a failure. go figure?

A
Mar 10, 2009
Wasilla, AK
going out problems

I have a 05 firecat 600 sno pro and I caught that one right before I lost the planetarys. That was a shim the was bent and rubbing in the gears. That sled now has over 3000 hard miles on it with no other problem. The oil in the bolt on your 09 is just the vent. I flipped when I saw the same thing in my 09 crossfire 800 sno pro.

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO
If your sled is still under warranty, they SHOULD cover it. I went through 2 on my 07 M 1000 last season. I have since switched to the BDX pro lite on that sled and my M8. I now have 2 spare cat drives sittin on the shelf. pm me if it's not warrantied and I'll make you a good deal if your interested.

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Everyone is right that the planetary in it's current design is now the weak link in the diamond drive system for sleds with 150HP or more. We are currently working on a new design which is intended for up to 350HP. As soon as our testing is completed it will be available for the Diamond Lite Drive and the forward only Arctic Cat cases 05 and 06/09 and 010. Also there will be 2 ratios available for those who need more top end ( lake racers). Check our web page when available. www.bd-xtreme.com .

Thanks,Ray

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Everyone is right that the planetary in it's current design is now the weak link in the diamond drive system for sleds with 150HP or more. We are currently working on a new design which is intended for up to 350HP. As soon as our testing is completed it will be available for the Diamond Lite Drive and the forward only Arctic Cat cases 05 and 06/09 and 010. Also there will be 2 ratios available for those who need more top end ( lake racers). Check our web page when available. www.bd-xtreme.com .

Thanks,Ray

that is great news!!:beer;

and thanks for helping me everytime i call:D

KMMAC

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2008
Mount Vernon, WA
BD-Xtreme,, what can be done to the 07/08 drives? Can reverse be eliminated, or would it be better to replace with the new BD box when it's available...

BD-Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
We never designed the rev unit and it is far to complicated to get all the pieces to meet the higher HP demands. We did come up with the one piece forged gears for the rev unit but because they only used it for 2 years it is to costly to redesign. Our Diamond Light drive is a direct replacement for the rev unit and the 09-10 unit with a 4 lb weight saving on the 09-10 and our exclusive one piece forged gears.

Ray

Premium Features