• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Diamond drive grinds in reverse

S
Mar 18, 2008
Diamond drive grinds when put into reverse, goes just fine in forward gear has no noise or vibration rode approx 125 miles this weekend. Anyone experience this problem? is it the shift fork, actuator? sounds like I'll be pulling it out to check. Its a 08 m8 on its second DD.

C

cowkiller

Nov 26, 2007
Eugene Or.
the wifeys M6 did that when it was new I took the reverse out of it and rode the sled took it in they fixed it the end no biggy. Diamond drive has been fine so far.

E

ESCAPE TIME

Dec 8, 2003
Lethbridge, AB
They say when they grind,you're close to done,I will admit,I don't use reverse because I don't trust it,haven had mine in reverse for 2 years now.

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
does it grind everytime you put it in reverse, if you hit the throttle before the speedo screen has reset sometimes the reverse motor has not fully engaged the reverse and it will grind. try waiting for the screen to reset when you hit reverse and see if it works...

S
Mar 18, 2008
grinds in reverse

Pulled the DD and took it to the shop. The plantary gear was stripped and a snap ring came off and filled the bottom of the case with metal. I was lucky in two ways I had two days of warranty left and the second is I would have needed a helicopter to get it out where I was when this happened! The bill would have been 1000.00 bucks if I would had to pay for this repair. I love the sled but I'm afraid this problem is here to stay! If it grinds watch out!

Premium Features