• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dear Santa, All I want in a 2021 Polaris RMK is....

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
On the 1st day of Christmas Polaris sent to me, a sled that can really rip in the trees!

On the 2nd day of Christmas Polaris sent to me, a Khaos with the new 850!, and a sled that can really rip in the trees!

On the 3rd day of Christmas Polaris sent to me, a 3" trenching track!, a Khaos with the new 850!, and a sled that can really rip in the trees!

On the 4th day of Christmas Polaris sent to me, a 4 year warranty!, 3" trenching track!, a Khaos with the new 850!, and a sled that can really rip in the trees!

On the 5th day of Christmas Polaris sent to me, a new PTO bearing With retaining ring!, 4 year warranty!, 3" trenching track!, a Khaos with the new 850!, and a sled that can really rip in the trees!

On the 6th day of Christmas Polaris sent to me, a series 6, 2.6" track!, new PTO bearing With retaining ring!, 4 year warranty!, 3" trenching track!, a Khaos with the new 850!, and a sled that can really rip in the trees!

On the 7th day of Christmas Polaris sent to me, a new internal check valve in the center cavity, series 6, 2.6" track!, new PTO bearing With retaining ring!, 4 year warranty!, 3" trenching track!, a Khaos with the new 850!, and a sled that can really rip in the trees!

On the 8th day of Christmas Polaris sent to me, Walker Evans Velocity Shocks!, new internal check valve in the center cavity, series 6, 2.6" track!, new PTO bearing With retaining ring!, 4 year warranty!, 3" trenching track!, a Khaos with the new 850!, and a sled that can really rip in the trees!

On the 9th day of Christmas Polaris sent to me, New rail profile with a lonnnngger limiter strap!, Walker Evans Velocity Shocks!, new internal check valve in the center cavity, series 6, 2.6" track!, new PTO bearing With retaining ring!, 4 year warranty!, 3" trenching track!, a Khaos with the new 850!, and a sled that can really rip in the trees!

On the 10th day of Christmas Polaris sent to me, Improved Manufacturing process for the crankcase sealant application!, New rail profile with a lonnnngger limiter strap!, Walker Evans Velocity Shocks!, new internal check valve in the center cavity, series 6, 2.6" track!, new PTO bearing With retaining ring!, 4 year warranty!, 3" trenching track!, a Khaos with the new 850!, and a sled that can really rip in the trees!

On the 11th day of Christmas Polaris sent to me, Update Calibration for the EEEECCCCUUUU!, Improved Manufacturing process for the crankcase sealant application!, New rail profile with a lonnnngger limiter strap!, Walker Evans Velocity Shocks!, new internal check valve in the center cavity, series 6, 2.6" track!, new PTO bearing With retaining ring!, 4 year warranty!, 3" trenching track!, a Khaos with the new 850!, and a sled that can really rip in the trees!

On the 12th day of Christmas Polaris sent to me, a 2021 with a factory turbo option!, No "fix collar" on the drive shaft, no brake in bogging, choice of clutching elevations, goggle storage that fits goggles, off the naughty list for PrayN4snow and a ride with Matt Entz and Chris Burandt in Chiliiiiiiii!, Update Calibration for the EEEECCCCUUUU!, Improved Manufacturing process for the crankcase sealant application!, New rail profile with a lonnnngger limiter strap!, Walker Evans Velocity Shocks!, new internal check valve in the center cavity, series 6, 2.6" track!, new PTO bearing With retaining ring!, 4 year warranty!, 3" trenching track!, a Khaos with the new 850!, and a sled that can really rip in the trees!

Thank you Polaris for making an awesome snowmobile for 2020, Thank your for supporting us Veterans with the PT11 foundation!

Indy Dan did not approve of this message, please handle with care, batteries not included, some assembly required.

Here is what my fellow riders would like to see for 2021 (see reply's below) ;)

IMG_1499.jpgIMG_4095.jpgIMG_4765.jpg

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Increased tunnel clearance.

Reduce/ eliminate the snowmelt that refreezes on the running boards.

Reliable factory tether

Correctly aligned clutches from the factory.

Lower gearing in the belt drive.

Drivers that fit the track.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Hoping for an all new skid, track, driver setup that works as good or better than the Alpha (rode one last weekend... its the real deal).

Cat style tunnel/cooling system... they really don’t hold snow like the Polaris.

Shorter tunnel.

Beefed up A-Arms.

Factory tether.

Big X2 on better shocks... at 170lbs I was bottoming out and gettin my azz whooped on the factory monotube setup.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
More reliable engine, factory tether , more bulkhead clearance, new better track, shocks for people in the 220-240 rang, Cooler system that ends under the seat, short tunnel, seat heigh- low/med/high. Quick drive gear options. I think that's about it.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
1: A ski design with the pivot point centered more in the ski and a proper dampener! Duh....

2: A shock/spring setup that is set up for more than a 130# old lady.

3: Anti-ratchet drivers

4: Fully clipped track

Perfect, when I'm done getting replies to this list I will be retyping it up to send off to some Polaris engineer reps I know. Keep it up!

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
4 year warranty
Factory magnetic tether
Balance left to right 50/50
3" pitch tracks (including 2.6-2.8)
Extrovert drivers
Velocity shock option on Pro
Short tunnel
Front Cooler
Aligned clutches
Adjustable clutch weights
Shorter running boards
Geared down belt drive
Better quality pull rope

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Polaris version of a capacitor start capability, Poo-SHOT.

While you're at it, taking the great ideas others have come up with, license enough of the Alpha skid/track design to come up with the poo single rail; Textron looks like they're willing to try ANYTHING to try and make money from the AC sink (as in sunk cost). You might be surprised...

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Hoping for an all new skid, track, driver setup that works as good or better than the Alpha (rode one last weekend... its the real deal).

Cat style tunnel/cooling system... they really don’t hold snow like the Polaris.

Shorter tunnel.

Beefed up A-Arms.

Factory tether.

Big X2 on better shocks... at 170lbs I was bottoming out and gettin my azz whooped on the factory monotube setup.

Your right about the cats not holding as much weight on the tunnel. I have a bunch of comparison pics on another post of this. Good ones!

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
More reliable engine, factory tether , more bulkhead clearance, new better track, shocks for people in the 220-240 rang, Cooler system that ends under the seat, short tunnel, seat heigh- low/med/high. Quick drive gear options. I think that's about it.

I hope to see a shorter tunnel with better cooling as well. Good ones damx!

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Cooling like cat for less ice build up
Shot system
smaller seat, im short and boots drag
no toe holds(already cut mine off)
3.5 pitch track

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Improved shock types for other models is happening for 2021.

BTW - 2021's are already on the snow. If you are passing on a wish list to Polaris it should target 2022's. ; )

Last edited:

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I for one would not want Cat style cooler up front. I have been at the pulling end of a Cat ski too many times when it has pulled snow over the track and turned it into slush only to dump it right in front of the track to freeze solid. I makes a stuck much worse. I agree that style of cooler holds less snow but maybe there is a best of both worlds scenario.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Move those foot catching, ankle snapping toe loops up about 1.5" to 2".
Your right. I was surprised last spring riding with some Polaris engineers that said they haven't heard of any complaints when I mentioned it. Proof that customer comment forms dont always make it to the right people. This time I am sending it to some. Believe it or not, these are some good guys and many have a passion for riding when their not stuck working. Point is, they want to make the best sleds they can, they will never make everyone happy, but IMO this change doesn't cost anything for example once current inventory of hoops is used up.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
I want even lower toe hoops so that I have an endless supply of customers jk

Definitely new body panels, as the Axys design is starting to look dated.

Please add cooling fins to the tunnel coolers, duh...

Please shorten the tunnel and put the bumper over the top, not out the back, duh x2

Please redesign the spare belt holder so I don't have to back bend my expensive belt.

Please make a 3" pitch standard with extrovert drivers and give us at least 8" diameter idlers.

Please don't ever sell a sled with a raw aluminum tunnel ever again.

New ski hoops that don't look like they belong on a sled from the 70s would be a good idea.

Adjustable primary weights, please.

Please fix the ski snubber issue, duh

Please get rid of that horrible pipe insulation

Boondocker just released a brilliant air intake design. Take notes.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I for one would not want Cat style cooler up front. I have been at the pulling end of a Cat ski too many times when it has pulled snow over the track and turned it into slush only to dump it right in front of the track to freeze solid. I makes a stuck much worse. I agree that style of cooler holds less snow but maybe there is a best of both worlds scenario.
Seems like one would have to be stuck for a long azz time for it to refreeze and cause issues... and having standard RMKs in the past and riding with Cats most days I have never noticed this issue. Only problem I have seen with front coolers is stuff getting stuck/punctures. More clearance would be good, especially for when a guy has a 3”+ track. Would be sweeet to be able to run a 3” track, 3” pitch 8 tooth driver and still have a half inch or more of clearance. Would also be a good time to add another inch or so of ground clearance front to back.

I like Dmaxs idea of at the very least ending the cooler somewhere under the seat/tank.

Short seat option on snowcheck would be cool.

Factory Raptor shocks.

Shot style start system.

Knee/Ankle breaking footholds have NEEDED to go since 2011.

Tuneman... I LOVE the gripper ski loops, they are the only factory loops that aren’t horrible to pull on. Who gives a rip how they look as long as they work. I agree the pipe insulation needs to go... so itchy, gets everywhere. And yes the intake needs more surface area.

Premium Features