• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dazed and confused?????

west dreams

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2009
Becker, Mn.
Hope someone can give me some good honest advice. I have been going out west to Grand Lake Colorado for the past 3 years, I live in Minnesota and currently ride a 03' Pro-X 600 with a 136 track, now stop laghing it was the best I could do. I havent worked in over a year, so it was the cheapest way to go out west and still have alot of fun. Hear is my guestion, going to buy a Mt. seld, all my friends have 800's ski-doo's and Cats. I dont know what to buy, am sticking with Polaris, Really like the RMK 700 but will I regreat not having the 800? Everyone I talk to says the 800 is NOT reliable,even at dealerships! Do I cross off the Assault cause I dont want to jump off a cliff? I dont need to get to the top of the Mt. but I do like to go up hills boondock in the trees and play in the medows. If anyone has a 09'RMK 700 how do you do against the 800's? If I get the 700 I just dont want to spend the money and wish i would have gotten the 800. Thanks to anyone for their thoughts.

Burr

Premium Member
Jan 10, 2008
Luverne Mn
Get a 700 put slp pipe and can on it and have fun!! It will keep up fine with a 800.I have 04 700 edge with 3000 miles on it no problems. Also have 09 800 dragon with 164 miles that is trailer queen till i feel i can trust it!!! I might even sell it. And get something different.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I ride with acouple of guys on 7's. One is an 07d7 and the other an 09d7. They run right with the 8's. Actually, those two are great riders and usually put their 7's where most 8's can not go. This year they both put turbos on them and they are just plain insane. but stock for stock, You are giving up very little in terms of hp, and gaining a ton of reliability. I don't think you will regret the lil ol 7 one bit.

Premium Features