• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

D & D Y pipes cracking

G
Dec 17, 2002
North Bend, Washington
Three out three sleds have cracks on the their Y pipe, all in the same spot, at the Y. welds are cracking. All three are M7s. I know stuff wears out but the worst one only had 2300 miles and you could see right through it. If you have one you might want to check it out!!!! you will have to pull the pipe to inspect it unless its really bad!!!!!!

C

cobbycat

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 15, 2008
salmon arm, b.c.
mine cracked about 4 inches long in the "y" of the y-pipe. mine is a speedwerx, and my buddies cracked too. gonna have to go to twins!!

mrquick68

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2004
Kirkland, WA
yep happened to me on my M7 too - D&D part too. seem the coated versions last longer (like the SLP).

B
Nov 27, 2007
Mine D&d y pipe cracked on my M8 last year with only a few hundred miles. It looked like it was barely welded. They were good with warrantying it and apparently have a new welder. The replacement one definately looked like it had better welds.

PowerJoe

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
The stock ones are junk too. I am on my 3rd one. The weld doesn't crack but they do crack at the "Y" where the material is thinnest from the stamping process. Glad I didn't waste my money on an aftermarket one to get better quality.;)

Premium Features