• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cutler or Twisted

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
I broke my collar bone at the end of Nov so for the past month Ive had nothing better to do then dream of new ways to spend money on my 09 m10.
I am no longer capable of resisting my urges to boost. I don't want the hassle of hauling race gas around so I'm looking for a pump gas kit. Ive read some threads with good feed back about twisted turbo setup. However the cutler race kit (which can be turned down to pump gas level) is only $400 more then the twisted setup.
Just looking for any input from people who have run either one of these turbos.

What type of turbo does TT use.
Also my local cat dealer sells the cutler kits

Thanks in advance

S

speeddemon

Feb 27, 2006
buckley wa
im sure cutler is a great kit but i know twisted turbos are a hands on group who test and test there product every day they can i dont here of any others doing this ! shain has the kit that works an is tested and he runs them on his own sleds and lets people try them out ! and the customer service is 2nd to none ! id go twisted ! just my .03!!!
mike:D

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
IMO you wont go wrong with either kit, the twisted kit gets more snow time then any other from what i see.......and shain goes the extra mile to help anyone, regardless if they buy from him or not. I have purchased nothing from shain and he has answered every question in a timely manner....but the cold air intake that cutler has should be the future of turbo kits IMO

mt st helens

Premium Member
Nov 28, 2007
vancouver, wa
I would have to go with Twisted Turbo. I now have kit that started out as a Boondocker. Now it has three different updated "better Ideas" And I am still fighting it. But every time I have talked to Shain he has tried to help me even though I have not bought anything from him, like someone said before. If Boondocker would have had better customer service and fixed the problems people had with there kits to start with maybe now I would not always be fighting my FRANKENTURBO. Sorry to vent, go with Shain.

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
You can also run the Twisted Turbo race fuel kit and turn it down. The only difference between the Race Fuel Kit and the Pump Gas Kit, is the Race Fuel Kit comes with duel injectors and adjustable boost controller. I have not heard much ont Cutler's M1000, but M1000's is Twisted Turbo"s speciality, they have done a bunch!!

D

Dano702

Dec 15, 2007
Sin City
I just burned another full tank today , it was -5 when we left the truck . My Twisted 8 ran very good at 9 psi .

I am very happy with my sled , zero problems just pull and go .:D

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
Another Twisted vote as service is above and beyond. Had a problem with my sled last week, took it down to Shain where he fixed the problem....updated the kit...took me to his favorite riding spot.... supplied a guest couch for the night....his wife fed me lunch and dinner..........AND all in the name of standing behind his product...NO CHARGE!!

Service is unbeatable and I will buy my next kit from him as well!!!

MX

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
youd have to talk to dale but as of last friday dale has yet to figure out the 1000 turbo hes still working out the kinks,his 800 is rippin,id go with twisted on the 1000 hands down..

D

doornenbal

Dec 3, 2007
I thought OVS was working with Brad Story for there pump gas set up??? At the start of the year there was lots of talk from them about the kit for the M1000 but this kit has not shown up on here in any form?????

ManBearPig

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2008
Rexford, Montana
It is not a Boondocker system, but I do use a Boondocker control box. When Vohk built my system, it was mostly custom work but it came together so clean and the preformance and ease of use during testing just amazed everyone. I am running 5.3 lbs of boost which makes for a very lively M1000

D

DLUX

Nov 26, 2007
Grande Prairie
Cutler or twisted or ovs or boondockers or ?

Well i am asking this same question right now....i have looked at most kits made for the m-10 and they all seem pretty good, but i have been talking with Dale from cutlers and he seems to really know his stuff He says his kits are working well, and the fit and finish seems to be second to none.....so somebody please tell me ....which kit do i buy?

M

mtn_extreme

Nov 11, 2002
Nampa, Idaho
Twisted will out perform the others. The twisted turbo kit eliminates the oil injection which allows for a much shorter charge tube which creates faster spool up ( or less lag) and better performance.

They are out of South Weber Utah and service is above and beyond.

You can purchase the kit or have Shain install it, your choice.

Where are you in Idaho?

Premium Features