• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Custom Vents

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
a lot of heat, screw driver and small putty knife. Just heat up where you want the holes then cut with razor knife, heat edges up until flexable and start pushing or pulling it into shape a little at a time. I cooled it with cold water as I went. Cut slits every 5.5". I might have to add screen to clutch side, I'll let you know.

C

catmanm7

Nov 29, 2007
ttt

How did these work out for you Wyo. I know you are a pretty active user, so hopefully you can give some feedback.
After hours of searching I have found a couple different types of materials for DIY vents. pet screen, trampoline material, and Phifertex.

If these worked for you, it may be a nicer setup then side vents. I can put vents in the shock towers and allow the air to push through the "gills"

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
They worked well, but I did get in some real sugary snow once and slipped the belt, at the time I didn't have any screen in them, just straight open. At times they can get snow packed. I did another set on a 10 m8 LE and it turned out twice as good, then put in metal screen and they work sweet. But it was very time consuming, and on mine I heated the plastic to quick and it caused discoloration, on the m8 they look perfect. Also on mine I tried to leave some of the stiffening structure on the back and on the m8 we cut it all off so the back side was smooth to start with. The very back vent likes to try and return to shape and needs either 2 small vents (one on top the other) or a spacer of some sort, the metal screen helps hold them in place also. Only worth it if you have patients and free time.

Premium Features