• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

custom supersport

P
Aug 24, 2015
Hey guys im new to the forum but not at all new to riding. Looking for some input on what all i could/should do to this old 1994 supersport ive got setting in the shed and how i can do it. Ive already modded a set of psi twin pipes to fit the 440 fanner and its sounding better. I plan on getting rid of the dinky 34 mm carbs and airbox and replacing them with some 38's and k&n filters. Thats about as far as ive gotten though and now i need some help. Idealy, i want to make it a long track and get it to set up as high off the ground as i can front and back. how should i go about doing this? what suspension (I want it to at LEAST be a 136 ? what front end setup? and finally what else could i do to give this sled some more balls. i dont expect it to run with 800's by any means. i just want it to be a little more than just a old lady sled thanks pep:face-icon-small-coo

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
One major limitation is the P-90 drive system on that sled. This will limit your clutching options. One cannot just swap out to a P-85 drive system without a lot of issues. Just like the sled for what it is. Cheers.
550iq

B

Bedhead

Jan 3, 2015
Central MN
Someone who has pulled it off may say different, but..... normally you will be way over carbed going that big unless a lot of engine mods have been done. Best case you would just have poor low end power/response. I always hated people telling me to not do something but you would probably be better off spending that $$ on something else.

Premium Features