• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

cosmetics for 155 rmk shift?

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
well, I am getting a shift 155, and I need some advice on the track length and the hood.

First off, I ride quite a bit on the trails(inbetween the mountains) and i don't think a 2.4 lug would do very good on a hard pack, and would need replacing a lot. Unless i am wrong(and if i am then say so) I am considering getting a track with only a 1.75inch lug, or a 2inch lug. Is there a maker out there that has that size in a 155?

Also, I was wondering about the hood, if there was any new ones with a different color, or at least a decal set for it, i mean the black is just too plain for me.

C

chadkrump

May 26, 2008
Amenia ND
Ive got a 08 700 RMK 155 with 2.4inch paddles and ride a decent amount of trails in between deep powder riding and i havent had a problem yet nor noticed any wearing on my lugs. I would advise you to get a set of scratchers, and also if I were u I would see if your rails are coming with boogie wheels or not, because that will help with your hifax wearing. Hope this helps.
As for the hood, I know that all the shifts come black, but Polaris does sell decal sets of different designs that you can install. Or I am sure u can google or find someone on this site to make u a custom set of decals. Hope all works for ya.
-chad

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Second on the ArcticFX graphics... they make some of the best stuff out there that fits the sled perfectly.

http://www.arcticfxgraphics.com/

Jordan, Andrea and the crew at ArcticFX work very hard at pulling off some very cool stuff. Good USA qualit at work!!

They can also do custom work VERY reasonably and have a quick turnaround time.

Here is one that they did for a project that I was working on. The hood was super thrashed but the kit from ArcticFX made it look great again.
ArcticFX.jpg

Here is the one they did for Paul at SledSolutions

Northern_Ascent__8_.JPG

P1020508x.jpg

Another one
DSC00851.JPG

IMG_1337_x.jpg

P1020577x.jpg

CF_BURANDTS%20BACKCOUNTRY%20ADVENTURE_WHITE%20ORANGE%2004.jpg

Last edited:

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
looks nice, i browsed through their stuff, and it didn't look to me that they had any shift rmk stuff, it all said dragon on it =/(i used the search function so if it is as good as snowests, then I probably missed the shift rmk sections)

and what is the comp track going for?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Dragons and shifts are the same hoods.... They will print anything on it that you want... your imagination is the limit.

The comp track is like $800 list...

Tracks USA cant get them... try " freeagent" on the forum here.

Last edited:

sleddin pete

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Summit County Colorado
polaris dude,
Shift 155 and Dragon share the same chassis,other than shocks and motor size. The decals listed under Dragon will fit your's as well as all IQ chassis sleds.

The 2.4 won't be the best for trail,but if you get some scratcher's and use them and watch your temps you'll probably do OK.Don't run it too long at high speed without cooling down the track or you will lose lugs.

Only 4 months till early season riding here or I could truck bed ride it up to the snowfields for a last fix:eek:
Pete

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Another vote for ArcticFX Graphics. Here is mine:

attachment.php

Braapwraps does some really cool stuff too. Most of Wes' stuff is Ski-Doo, but I know he was branching out to the other brands too.

I'd buy from one of them.

camo.jpg

A
Sep 15, 2008
Thanks for posting all the pics and for all the props!!!

Give us a call... we can hook you up with one of our kits or discuss doing something custom. You can PM me here or call the shop at 586-786-9851.

Premium Features