• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

convert 2004 F7 144" to 153" steps & parts..

W

wowgogs

Sep 9, 2009
Can someone help me figure out what parts I need to get to convert a stock
F7 EXT 144" to a 153". the only thing I know I need forsure is a track :) and rail extentions.
Is there anything else I have to do? I wanna put on a power claw 153" with 2.25" paddles.
Thanks, pics would be really helpful on what parts are what I am new at this....

Last edited:
B
Unless you've got your heart set on keeping your sled I wouldn't even bother with dumping the money into a firecat. I had an F7 EXT with a 144" 2.25" track and compared to an M it doesn't even come close.

But, if you're heart is set......

You'll need new 3.0 pitch drivers, rail extensions, and a tunnel extension. Probably want to gear lower too.

Post up pics when your done.

Chris.

W

wowgogs

Sep 9, 2009
Unless you've got your heart set on keeping your sled I wouldn't even bother with dumping the money into a firecat. I had an F7 EXT with a 144" 2.25" track and compared to an M it doesn't even come close.

But, if you're heart is set......

You'll need new 3.0 pitch drivers, rail extensions, and a tunnel extension. Probably want to gear lower too.

Post up pics when your done.

Chris.

I wouldn't say I have my heart set on it :) but I got such a great deal on the sled I thought why not... I will keep it as a 2nd sled for my wife and get new one next year. Can I get away without the tunnel extension?

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Like Blue said, don't waste your time stretching your F7, put that money into an M. Been there, done that. I own an M now.

W

wowgogs

Sep 9, 2009
Like Blue said, don't waste your time stretching your F7, put that money into an M. Been there, done that. I own an M now.

I was more thinking.. if I have to do a track anyway. and all I need is extensions and a drive.. why not go 153" little more length and i can get new power claw at same time...

likkerpig

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
I personally wouldn't hack up a perfectly good PCLaw for an F7. I know what you're saying though....

davidhahn15

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2008
Fargo ND
also need to extend coolers to move rear cooler back farther with tunnel extension. i had to put drop brackets on the rear suspension bolts to get enough clearance fore 2.25" track. i used 2005 440 gears. did alright at elevation. but never came close to an M7.

if you got a great deal keep it for the wife or sell it for more than you bought it for and buy an M.

W

wowgogs

Sep 9, 2009
also need to extend coolers to move rear cooler back farther with tunnel extension. i had to put drop brackets on the rear suspension bolts to get enough clearance fore 2.25" track. i used 2005 440 gears. did alright at elevation. but never came close to an M7.

if you got a great deal keep it for the wife or sell it for more than you bought it for and buy an M.

Did you do 153" ? So you had to do a tunnel extension forsure?
And then extensions and drop brackets? Do they sell that drop bracket or you have to get one made?

W

wowgogs

Sep 9, 2009
I had an 04 and it didn't need drop brackets for the 2.25" track I had.

so what all did you have to do to get it working?
just extensions and the 3 pitch drive?
u need tunnel extension? or just took of rear flap

davidhahn15

Lifetime Membership
Jul 19, 2008
Fargo ND
sorry mine was a 02 440 snowpro firecat chassis. i swapped the 440 engine for an 03 f7 engine along with every other part needed to make the efi 700 run in the other chassis. (had doner sled that i wrecked) kept the 440 gears.
i moved the suspension bolts back 1.5" and the front bolts down an aditional .75" if i remember right. i think i did this because i had rail extensions for a 151 and bought a 153 track by mistake so i just compensated that way. i put drop brackets on just for a little extra clearance on the rear bolts.

first with this sled i made it into a 144 and did NOT have a tunnel extension and it worked just fine.. then the next year i made it into a 153 and i believe i had to put a tunnel extension on then. cutting down tracks is always a fun past time btw. ha :face-icon-small-coni have a bunch of pictures somewhere but i cant seem to find them on this computer so ill have to check on the other one.

so if my sled is anything like yours your probly gonna need

rails/extensions
tunnel extension
gears/clutching
cooler extension
drivers
track

im sure im forgetting a bunch of stuff but i would say those are the main items hope this helped

Premium Features