• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Consensus on 858 Weight

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
Figuring out my snow check for the 858. Never ordered an electric start sled. Any idea of how much weight I would be adding with the ES. if I get a lighter lithium battery and ditch the heavy stock battery?

The stock battery is huge. I think it weighs 13-15 pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob.G

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 10, 2023
Mobile
I put an "EarthX" lithium ion battery in my Khaos... rated to do better in the cold than, say, a Shorai. I'll do the same with my Catalyst. I'm totally addicted to electric start so I won't buy a new sled without it. :)

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
my noco was a group 14 i think vs the group 20 that came in it and it has worked great and is maybe 3 pounds plus comes with spacers to take up the extra space. i loooooovvvve my electric start. its not that its needed but wow its nice. ive had multiple shoulder surgeries so its nice for that fact too.

stahlecker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2010
Western NE
They did tell me that you do not have to cut to put the better boards on. They actually unbolt now. I'm also pretty sure the muffler got bigger than the alpha.

Premium Features