• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Colant Bottle Removal

F
Aug 17, 2010
K-Town, BC
What sorta screw is holding in the coolant bottle? I tried to take it off the other day and I cant figure out how to do it.

I have an 03 mtn cat 900 if that makes a difference.

F
Aug 17, 2010
K-Town, BC
Still trying to do this, here is a pic of the back of the bolt/screw/nut. Do I need a special tool to remove it? When I turn the bolt the nut thing (in the picture) turns as well.

coolant bottle.jpg

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
That is a threaded insert that is supposed to be tight on the aluminum plate and not turn. When the bolt that is threaded into it gets rusted sometimes the whole insert turns. Dab a little WD40 or some kind of penetrating oil on it and clamp a Vise Grip on the insert to keep it from turning and you should be able to get the bolt out.

F
Aug 17, 2010
K-Town, BC
That is a threaded insert that is supposed to be tight on the aluminum plate and not turn. When the bolt that is threaded into it gets rusted sometimes the whole insert turns. Dab a little WD40 or some kind of penetrating oil on it and clamp a Vise Grip on the insert to keep it from turning and you should be able to get the bolt out.

Awesome thanks Ill try that out!

Premium Features