• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutching help turbo D8

B
Nov 3, 2009
Ok was wondering if someone can help or tell me if i am on the right path here. Have a 08 D8 (with motor update) turbo. Have a straight 50heli. with a polaris red spring. Live at 1700ft elev. and was looking for some ball park wights i might need. Was going to run around 10 psi on straight c12 and have 72g to start with. Does this sound about right or is that way to heavy or light. its not together yet so cant really test till next week. Waiting on control box. but ANY help wouldbe appreciated.

ridgeclimber

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Maple Ridge B.C.
turbo d8 clutching

I have an 08 800 turbo dragon with the latest Polaris updates. I have the clutch kit that Boondocker suggested. The primary has 72 gram lighting weights that I drilled out to 71.5 grams. I found the 72 gram weights were alittle to heavy and could not get the rpm's. I also had one spacer washer removed out of the primary clutch to reduce the belt side clearance. Not sure the color of the spring. I thought the secondary is set at the straight 48 degree. I have also geared the chain case down 1 tooth to a 19 tooth drive gear and it worked great. I then just geared the driven gear up to 42 tooth gear to take out all the slack in the chain. I also replaced the plastic chain tensioner with an older roller and aluminum support for the roller.I have not tried that gearing yet though.I also have the mini intercooler and have had it over 10 psi boost with 2 gallons of c12 and 94 octane. All I can say is wow. It is the best money I have ever spent.:beer;:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features