• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutching for milder riders

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
If you are witnessing loss of grip low to mid, something isn’t setup correctly.
A cold belt, or wet clutch gives up grip. One like this won’t grip any belt.View attachment 402091
Yes.

Like my first post.

“(maybe a little slippage in low mid if things aren’t warmed up)”

Lightning weights have a low heel.

10 series have a slightly heavier heel (very average)

Slp mtx have a heavy heel.

Each profile has its strengths and weaknesses (or compromises)

Your setup might have the absolute least amount of compromises- but the inexperienced, low and slow trail rider happens to be the one “compromise” that i believe it does have.

Again……

The strengths are well acknowledged/ documented.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Lotsa forum fighting lately. whats going on with humanity? This all started cuz a nice husband wanted to make sledding more enjoyable and easier for his nice wife. The nice husband gets lightheartedly insulted which was funny And then we got three dudes fighting over belt slip and they gonna meet and duke it out. Geez.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Lotsa forum fighting lately. whats going on with humanity? This all started cuz a nice husband wanted to make sledding more enjoyable and easier for his nice wife. The nice husband gets lightheartedly insulted which was funny And then we got three dudes fighting over belt slip and they gonna meet and duke it out. Geez.
It's what we do: fight over other guys' wives... clutching. Except Chilly, he dis-invited himself, but made sure to drop by the party to let us know.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
It's what we do: fight over other guys' wives... clutching. Except Chilly, he dis-invited himself, but made sure to drop by the party to let us know.

Yes and no. Chilly PM’s me drunk anger whenever I post about Tony. But was smart enough to publicly disinvite himself he realized he was out of his league and refrained to step into a pot meet kettle CVT recommendation with additional fake news posts.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
This thread is proof that we are in the largest tool shed for snowmobiling. You guys have idiots convinced that clutching matters for wives. I'm pretty sure the Op rides like a wife so why doesn't he just run the clutching that he has for his wife ? I'm pretty sure this post is going to secure my Polaris Ambassadorship I have been striving for for the last 4 years...
If you ask the clutching forum expert they are already clutched so horrible your toddler can ride your 9R or Boost. Why spend money to make it worse? Lol
Clutched Wives Matter

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
If the only thing that matters to your wife regarding clutching is whether or not the sled goes, you married the wrong woman. It's so obvious, even this unmarried guy knows it!

Premium Features