• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutching, again....Ibexx this time??

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Ran stock, then TRS for awhile, then slp, and now I'm thinking about shifting(pun intended:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) to Ibexx clutching.
I've heard a few good things about them but have never actually rode them yet.

Anyone on here tried them and have an opinion?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Ran stock, then TRS for awhile, then slp, and now I'm thinking about shifting(pun intended:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) to Ibexx clutching.
I've heard a few good things about them but have never actually rode them yet.

Anyone on here tried them and have an opinion?
What didn’t you like about all the others?

Spend the money and see what happens?

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Stock was fine but just that..stock.
Tony's was too revvy for me, 5k to move around the parking lot and 6k+ on the trail at 30mph. Probably fun for the young guys but sounded like a pissed off hornet everywhere I went. Tried both helix settings and never was impressed with shifting. Then I put a slp spring in primary and made a big improvement but still felt too soft everywhere.
Back to stock helix and slp weights and spring and like this setup the best so far but how great can it be with the stock helix??

Ibexx claims that I will love their full kit as it comes and I won't need to mix slp parts in.

Of course they will say that since they are selling it so just wondering if anyone here has tried it..?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I think your elevation is key.
Buy a kit from guys who ride the same elevations as you.

I really like my indy specialty kit for the low engagement and low (ish) rpm cruising. The weights are adjustable so engagement can be set where you like it.

It also holds rpm at a good range of elevations. (0-6000 good with the same settings) I just use ethanol mode running in the river then it’s a steep climb and go to non eth mode around 1500’.

About 10 mph gain in full load trackspeed VS slp clutching.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Have you set your belt deflection and belt to sheath clearance? 5000rpm to move? There’s something really wrong in your sled that’s not the TRS kit.

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
It was 4500ish engagement and 5k to drive through the parking lot.

I sent both clutches to Tony and he went though them, set deflection and installed the kit. Don't see how I could have screwed up by installing 2 clutch bolts.
I set belt deflection but that's easy.

Changing to slp spring helped without changing deflection.

Went back to stock secondary setup and SLP weights and spring in the primary and sled has never been better yet.

I came on here to ask about IBEX, not bash TRS. But if you guys insist on asking questions publicly rather than PMimg me, I will keep answering them...

Ordered the Ibexx kit today?

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
Im in Canada, but have extensively tested the polaris 850 and have a set up that works very well for 6-7000'. Let me know if you interested. New springs, helix, weights, and delrin washer.

Cheers,

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Why don’t you tell us what weights, springs and helix you have used, if you’re trying to get help it’s best to know what youve had in there. Like SLP makes a dozen or more primary springs for the Polaris, knowing exactly which parts you’ve tried would be very helpful. 4500 rpm engagement would drive just about everyone nuts. Also what belt are you using and how old is it?

Last edited:

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
I have an 850 SKS 155” running 0-3000, stock springs, helix from an 800 because that single angle stock sucks! 74-76g weights but I want to try the Indy specialties someday.

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Why don’t you tell us what weights, springs and helix you have used, if you’re trying to get help it’s best to know what youve had in there. Like SLP makes a dozen or more primary springs for the Polaris, knowing exactly which parts you’ve tried would be very helpful. 4500 rpm engagement would drive just about everyone nuts. Also what belt are you using and how old is it?
I'm using the new gates belt I bought from Tony. He set up the primary for the new belt.

I appreciate your offer for help but I'm actually not looking for help here since my sled runs great now that I put the secondary back to stock and put the slp parts back in the primary.

I was only asking for honest feedback on the Ibexx kit since I think an aftermarket full kit should be able to work better than current setup....?

It's supposed to land here tomorrow and I'm going to do an in depth comparison before and after with rpm, track speed, and snow condition comparisons.

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
Wow... you must have something severely wrong. I ride from sea level to 11,000 feet and the TRS clutching is the smoothest clutching we have ever had. It is like BUTTER!!!!!! Engagement is nothing at all like that and Tony set up my clutches. I have guys that ride my sled and go OMG, what did you do..... good luck running something else, but there is nothing better!!!!!!! No freaking stupid magnets, no guess work, maintain your sled, follow his guidelines, and ride. We used to adjust clutching 2-3x a day, now just hold it to the bar. Its AWESOME!!!

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I'm using the new gates belt I bought from Tony. He set up the primary for the new belt.

I appreciate your offer for help but I'm actually not looking for help here since my sled runs great now that I put the secondary back to stock and put the slp parts back in the primary.

I was only asking for honest feedback on the Ibexx kit since I think an aftermarket full kit should be able to work better than current setup....?

It's supposed to land here tomorrow and I'm going to do an in depth comparison before and after with rpm, track speed, and snow condition comparisons.
just reading some of your info... if you went back to the slp weights, did you reshim the primary for those weights?

What you are describing, how your sled worked with the TRS set-up. One of our local mechanics had the same thing. Primary was not shimmed for the weights. too much clearance... zinggg

If you put the slp back in and it worked great, with out shimming the primary..... tell tale sign the primary was not right. Are you 100% sure you had Tony set up your clutches?

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Nope, I put the shim back in that he took out.
His customer service is fantastic, he spent plenty of time on the phone with me explaining why he removes it and how to put it back. We actually got it shimmed better than original from the factory but that's no surprise to anyone who knows what shim we are talking about.

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Nope, I put the shim back in that he took out.
His customer service is fantastic, he spent plenty of time on the phone with me explaining why he removes it and how to put it back. We actually got it shimmed better than original from the factory but that's no surprise to anyone who knows what shim we are talking about.
Are you 100% sure you had Tony set up your clutches?
Are you serious???
Would you like to see my receipt, call logs, texts, and email chain...????

t30mg

Lifetime Membership
May 8, 2010
Brush Prairie Wa
Look guys, this post was never about TRS. Please quit making it about him. If you have any questions about my experience with him, I will tell you that his customer service is top notch but his kit did not work for me. If you want to know any of the specifics about how my sled ran or how it was set up with his parts, feel free and PM me but quit making this public post about him. I really like Tony. His customer service was top notch.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
What we have to understand here is, snowmobiling is not a one size fits all sport. Some love Polaris, some doo and some cat. It’s the same with aftermarket parts and especially clutch kits. What one guy swears by another will say is junk. Ive never used ibexx, based on the responses (or lack there of) not many on here have. I’m sure if Installed and tuned correctly it’ll be great.

Premium Features