• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutch Alignment Tool

Rock Hound

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Central Mn
I have a tool for the 08 M's. Is it the same as the 07 Crossfires? I belive it is, the belt is the same. Just making sure.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Ok, then how do you use it?

I tried using my new Cat alignment offset tool like I would my Yamaha alignment tool and I'd almost have to have the secondary off the Diamond drive shaft for the secondary to align, so I knew that wasn't right.

I also bought a clutch puller and what I thought was a center to center tool but it just looks like a straight bar. Can someone explain please?

Woody67

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 5, 2008
Bellingham, WA
With the Offset bar back part against the front and back edge of the Secondary the front of the bar should just clear the inside edge lowest part at the shaft of the fixed face. If it hits you need a shim to move the secondary out or take one out if there is one to move it in. If you have a straight metal bar it is probably the paralisim bar. It is used to measure the distance from the bar at the front of the primary fixed face and the rear. You open the secondary with out the belt on it put the bar in and then let the secondary close and grip it. You want up to a .060 (is that sixty thousands) larger gap in the front than the rear. this is to make for paralisim under throttle.

Premium Features