• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Check out the pics of my dd

A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
DSCN1221.jpg

DSCN1223.jpg
Bearing seized up
DSCN1225.jpg

DSCN1211.jpg

DSCN1208.jpg

DSCN1212.jpg
i think i should be able to put it back together pump it full of grease and be good to go!
also do you think my case is shot?

Last edited:
A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
DSCN1232.jpg

DSCN1236.jpg

DSCN1218.jpg

DSCN1227.jpg
I believe a seal went out, the dd was serviced 3 rides prior to failure

Luke The Drifter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Ouch that thing is FUBARed! Whats a whole new DD worth? I'm due to change my oil here as well, I change it once a season. Seems to work so far. 2500kms and no issues yet:)

P

Pilsner

Dec 1, 2007
You can get the BD lite DD for about the same $680.00 USD. It will bolt right in and be stronger.

A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
You can get the BD lite DD for about the same $680.00 USD. It will bolt right in and be stronger.

I think thats what im going to go with,
what are the best gears for a m7? anybody gearing them down?

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
I have one that looks identical laying on my work bench. You want it? ;) :D

1MEX

Apr 19, 2008
915 to the 801
www.wr-products.com
Any signs to watch or hear for before they go? Mine has a whisle kind of wine sound like a turbo wine on the clutch side. Is this normal? Would it be the DD or something else?

1M800

Nov 24, 2006
MN
A slight whistle is normal...but a loud whining I would be concerned about. Try to ride someone elses to compare them.

A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
mine all happened in about 30 seconds, my speedo quit working, i gave it some throttle, i could tell it wasnt transfering much power, "felt like i was towing another sled" quiet clicking turned loud, track locked up,
the best part was, I started my sled up about 10 minutes later and all the sudden my m7 had reverse lol

D
Jan 9, 2008
Ramona,SD
My DD blew up this weekend too! Did the same thing, wined for 30 seconds then went bam as I did my best superman over the hood! Lucky for me there was soft snow. Anyway, I was looking at BD's site and figured I'll go that way also. For the 07 M8, it'll be about $825 with trackshaft and diamond lite. By the way, I just changed my dd oil and rode about 60 miles when it went--not to sound stupid but is that 3 oz. bottle enough oil? Not trying to hijack the thread. Oh, just curious, did your track lock up or was your sled towable? I was able to tow mine.

Last edited:
A

ARICH

Dec 5, 2007
My DD blew up this weekend too! Did the same thing, wined for 30 seconds then went bam as I did my best superman over the hood! Lucky for me there was soft snow. Anyway, I was looking at BD's site and figured I'll go that way also. For the 07 M8, it'll be about $825 with trackshaft and diamond lite. By the way, I just changed my dd oil and rode about 60 miles when it went--not to sound stupid but is that 3 oz. bottle enough oil? Not trying to hijack the thread.

ouch, somebody told you the wrong number, 3oz for no reverse (m7)and i belive it is 10 or 11 oz for reverse

Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
My DD blew up this weekend too! Did the same thing, wined for 30 seconds then went bam as I did my best superman over the hood! Lucky for me there was soft snow. Anyway, I was looking at BD's site and figured I'll go that way also. For the 07 M8, it'll be about $825 with trackshaft and diamond lite. By the way, I just changed my dd oil and rode about 60 miles when it went--not to sound stupid but is that 3 oz. bottle enough oil? Not trying to hijack the thread. Oh, just curious, did your track lock up or was your sled towable? I was able to tow mine.

If you have an 07 with reverse I think they hold 12 ounces?? Might be why it went in 60 miles?

The diamond lite drive holds 4z and has a dip stick to check the oil level.

Last edited:

Hotchief

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2005
Normandy Park, WA
Jeezuz guys - yeah 12oz for the DD with reverse...Whoever gave you the info, owes you.

Was there any signs of fluid in the belly pan below the secondary?

I always check for leaks after every ride and then inspect fluid level (top fill hole) every 100 miles.
The fluid should be right at the top of the fill hole, kind of like checking the diff fluid in a rear end (truck).

On the blowup - you said you went over the bars...Thats kind of spooky considering I was ripping along at 72 mph yesterday...I would hate to be slignshotted at that speed.:eek: - Could it happen:confused:

Sounds like the DD lite is the replacement ticket...

ndmtnsledder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
ND
Looks just like w8ing4snows did back in Jan. He had done a oil change over the summer rode it a full day a week before and we had put on 60 miles already that day. Started to make a funny noise he said went over a drift landed and the sled just stopped. Was a pain to tow to somewere to get out when it was locked solid to.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Ummmmmm, how come you cant see any oil on the paper towels, you can see the gear teeth debris that would suggest it was not cleaned yet....so where is the oil?

and the first post says pump it with grease???

Premium Features