• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cheapest online OEM parts

D
Nov 26, 2007
What is the cheapest place for OEM parts? I found a couple websites with cheap parts but OMG expensive shipping... like $12 to ship a $2 gasket via UPS ground???

What are is the all around favorite OEM parts website?

-DallanC

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
i support my local dealer. you may find if you regularly do that, you may end up with a regular discount.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
parts

i support my local dealer. you may find if you regularly do that, you may end up with a regular discount.

shoot..i wish that was the case..i have bought a ton from my dealer..everytime i go in there, i even hint for a discount and they always tell me.."yeh like i wanna lose my job"....they even tell me if i want a discount to get a job there..and they are the only polaris dealer in 70miles, and the only one i have NEVER recieved any sort of discount from..

i would go with;
dealer, babbits, carls, and ebay..only people i tend to deal with..

good luck anyways..

D
Nov 26, 2007

Oh really... lemme tell you about my local polaris dealer.

I went in there for some body parts last year, told them what I needed, they asked me what sled it was, I said '02 Edge. He said "whats an edge?" I said Vertical Edge, the '02 chassis... the next year they made it a vertical escape". He said "Never heard of it". He then goes in the back, talks for a moment and then brings out the head mechanic... the mechanic says "what do you need?" I state I need part XXXYYY for a '02 Vertical Edge. He turns to the owner and says "huh never heard of it..." then both of these guys poor over the manual and the head mechanic says "I've never heard of an edge, but we can order in this part for an '02, but no guarentee its the right one"

/boggle.

THIS from the local polaris dealer thats been there for over 30 years now! The head mechanic has been there since 1986 because he worked on an old Kawasaki Invader I took in there when I was in highschool!

I went to school with the owners son that works there now... good friend of mine but geebus, if you need something besides a bottle of VES Gold thats sitting on a shelf or a sparkplug it's a pain in the *** for those guys to figure out what the hell you are talking about, let alone find it in a computer.

Nice guys to shoot the crap with about the weather or economy... but snowmobile parts? :eek:

-DallanC

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
like $12 to ship a $2 gasket via UPS ground???

-DallanC

Look at it from a business standpoint..... You pay a guy to package up that gasket, you pay for the box and materials to package that gasket in and then you pay UPS for shipping on top of that. Now, figure in the profit being made on that gasket and your now in the hole. Best way to buy online is to meet the minimum most places offer and take advantage of free shipping.

P

PalousePoo

Nov 26, 2007
Farmington, Wash.
I believe in supporting your dealer too, and have them ship to you if you have the time. I want to keep my local shop in business. That's quite a story about a dealer who doesn't know what an "edge" is. I guess in that case you need to know exactly what part # you need and not ask them any questions!

I
Nov 27, 2007
Norway
Would gladly support my local dealer, but when they lied to me straight in the face I decided not to let them touch my sleds anymore.
(Coincidentally, I've had much less trouble with my sleds after that)

Also, I'll get my parts faster ordering them from USA - to Norway , than ordering them thru the local dealer.

offroadmatt

Lifetime Membership
Feb 16, 2008
Sweetwater, CO
Countrycat.net for me, Couple cents more than babbits but same day shipping. Last time I ordered from babbits it took them 5 days before they shipped it and 4 days of shipping time. Never had a problem with countrycat.net. Would use my dealer but his pricing is through the roof. For example to refill a gallon of oil it costs $40 a new gallon costs $50 MSRP from Cats website $36. Plus he never has the parts I need.

N

Niedet

Jan 23, 2009
What is the cheapest place for OEM parts? I found a couple websites with cheap parts but OMG expensive shipping... like $12 to ship a $2 gasket via UPS ground???

What are is the all around favorite OEM parts website?

-DallanC

My guess about the 12$ shipping fee is that UPS has a "lowest package size/weight". So even if the weights like a leef minimum package weight they charge for is say 2-3 lbs. A nice service from the reseller though would be if they could send you smaller items by regular mail, although you lose tracking.

But OnT the stores I've checked Babbits seems to have the best prices. But they truly seem to have unreasonable (say 35$ for a 2$ gasket :p) high shipping charges, shipping abroad anyway (I live i Sweden).

Premium Features