• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Central Oregon Drag Races

D
Mar 16, 2009
Bend, OR.
Pro-Caliber Motorsports in association with Central Oregon Snowbusters are excited to be bringing this exciting event back to Bend!

The event is scheduled for the 11th & 12th of Febuary,2012.
Racing will take place Saturday & Sunday with trophies & class winners each day, along with a Friday test & tune.

Along with the stock, improved & open classes we are very excited to announce the addition of the OUTLAW class presented by Peak Performance with a guaranteed cash payout of $1000.00 & the Ladies Only 800cc Improved class presented by Central Oregon Adventures with a guaranteed payout of $250.00.Please see the attached rules & general information sheet for more details.

There is also a registration sheet that is attached for those who would like to pre-register. Just print out the sheet, scan the completed & email back to cosnowbusters@gmail.com payments will be collected at the event.

Information will also be posted on our website very soon. Site address is www.centraloregonsnowbusters.com

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to call or email.

cosnowbusters@gmail.com or 206-369-2965

Thanks, Matt
dragraceposter.jpg

Attachments

• Drag Race rules.pdf
    206.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Entry Form.pdf
    174.6 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
Still planning on starting the sleds off of sheets of plywood with tracks screwed to them (mats)?? (please say no)

stonehands1

Lifetime Membership
Jul 26, 2010
Mt. Baker
Still planning on starting the sleds off of sheets of plywood with tracks screwed to them (mats)?? (please say no)

Why not. Thats pretty standard to use launch boards. If you ask to start on snow I think they would let you. It's a lot of extra work to keep the start line from trenching up without boards.

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
I could be WAY off base here, but I dont see there being a huge number of true drag sleds come to this. (I could be wrong) What I do see flocking to this in huge numbes are the average weekend boondockers who want to run their buddies, see where there sleds stack up against different builds etc. That being said I see that population of people (myself included) having serious reservation about taking off wide open throttle on a mat with the risk of lord knows what cosequnces hapenning to their 1000-1500 dollar track that they have under their sled. For the guys that have short paddles/screws/picks yeah the matt might appeal, but for the guys who have 2 inch and larger tracks, I find it hard to believe that this is a good option for them (us). Ive got no desire to line up a sled with 300+ hp (or 150hp) on some lanch pad and pull the trigger. Grounds for a disaster IMO. And as far as keeping the starting line clean, a guy in each lane with a muck rake will help tremendously, and the best groomer in the state is housed right there. I can imagine that if the lane are wide enough that the groomer couldnt make a pass or 2 every twenty passes or so. Im just one guy. I will be there to watch and enjoy the time but I will not send my sleds off a pad.

Last edited:
C
Nov 26, 2007
CASHMERE, WA
Its not as bad as one thinks for using the pads. Ive raced at a lot of drag races with and with out pads and the pads.The pads are faster for the crews working. As far as the sleds we run one sled with a 2in paddle and it has not hurt the track or the lugs we even have an Apex with a 3in paddle nothing has come off the track or tears. But this is just my opinion now I have seen where the start line gets so dug out from not haveing the pads that when you try and stage your sled that the beam for the lights really gets screwed up because of the angle of the sled. The groomer helps but then your lanes trench out faster if the snow doesnt set up. All so they had 2 or 3 guys on each lane busting there butts to keep the snow down. The guys that put on the Chelan drags have there stuff together and run a great race you guys should contact them they have had drag races for years and do a great job.You could allways leave a lane next to the pad for the guys that dont want to start from it and let them pick. Not sure if this helps any one but its just my 2 cents

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
the biggest problem is when you run say a 3.0 pitch track on a 2.52 pitch launch mat, the paddles dont interlock and you will spin very bad. Ive been drag racing sleds for 15 years or so, I have never seen damage from coming off the mats.

they are essential for keeping the starting line from getting destroyed especially from the high hp sleds that can chew a starting line up in just a couple of starts.

If you think its gunna tear up your sled then dont go, simple as that!

should be fun cant wait!!!

coming off the mat on a 250hp watercraft tripple

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpuz4sgjmhk

same race on an impulse apex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3bUMDmk-yo

D
Mar 16, 2009
Bend, OR.
Thanks for all of the input here. We have done quite a bit of research on this subject. The starting borads are used at a top notch race in Chelan & also at West Yellowstone with no problems. There is a chance that we may have room for guys that dont want to start on the boards to start in the snow, but that is not a guarantee at this point. THERE WILL BE A TEST & TUNE ON FRIDAY FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT WANT TO RUN YOUR SLED & SEE WHAT THE STARTING BOARDS ARE LIKE.

n2otoofast4u

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2010
Thanks for all of the input here. We have done quite a bit of research on this subject. The starting borads are used at a top notch race in Chelan & also at West Yellowstone with no problems. There is a chance that we may have room for guys that dont want to start on the boards to start in the snow, but that is not a guarantee at this point. THERE WILL BE A TEST & TUNE ON FRIDAY FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT WANT TO RUN YOUR SLED & SEE WHAT THE STARTING BOARDS ARE LIKE.

This is GREAT news... Looking forward to it... Thanks.

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
I could be WAY off base here, but I dont see there being a huge number of true drag sleds come to this. (I could be wrong) What I do see flocking to this in huge numbes are the average weekend boondockers

I'm planning on racing, I'm just what you described. Just doing this for fun, I know my mtn iqr isn't going to win but I like snowmobiles and bench racing so it will be a great weekend.

stonehands1

Lifetime Membership
Jul 26, 2010
Mt. Baker
Looks like you got a ways to go. I have seen phazer's launch faster than that and run harder than that!

Them phazers really must be fast! I always thought I was fast cause I whoop every cat 1000 I've seen! I'd invite you over for a beating but your probably to chicken.

stonehands1

Lifetime Membership
Jul 26, 2010
Mt. Baker
Chicken barely beat a stock Pro Poo in a race!

hahaha. I'll be there but I doubt ole chicken will bother. You see the reason he never seen a skidoo beat his cat is cuz he's to chiken to show up! LOL

Gonna be fun. Win or lose I'm gonna burn some race fuel and have some laughs. Mostly laughing at all them 1000 cats my little doo smokes!

Hope that BBQ is good cuz eating cats all day makes me hungry for some reason.:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:
C
Mar 18, 2008
Bellingham Wa.
Oh yeah. Stones sled waxes cats like a cheap wood floor. hey Chicken? Do you think you can make it 500' on one belt?

Its funny anytime either one of you guys want to look silly you can try and follow me. It will be the same results as last year when old stone hands tried to keep up with sherwoods sled. I have his motor and a better track and better clutching. What ever you guys are smoking you better get some more so you can stay in never never land.

Premium Features