• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cat Care: Does this seem fair to you?

B
Nov 27, 2007
Lost a piston and cylinder on my 07 M8 last week. I have the extended 3rd year warranty on the sled. I was expecting to be riding near the end of this week but after talking to my dealer today they informed me that even though they have everything in stock they did not get approval to use a stock cylinder.:confused: I have to wait for a replated cylinder that is on back order until at least this Friday, so I not riding until at LEAST late next week! Apparently this saves cat care $400-$500.

I can't believe that they will not fix my sled with stock parts that are available. Instead they want to give me 2nd hand parts that are on back order.

Does this seem to be within their right to do? I currently have a message in at Cat Care with the individual handling my claim but haven't got a response yet.

B
Dec 21, 2006
Remember, they are there to save as much money for Cat as possible. Since the part that they want the dealer to use is on b/o, I would call Cat and try to get them to help you out.

B
Nov 27, 2007
Well I got to talk to Cat Care today and all they could tell me is that by using the refurbished cylinder they are saving themselves AND ME :confused: money!!

Apparently my warranty (paid $350 for 3rd year) is limited liability. He explained that this means they can't repair my sled for more than I originally paid for it. This is something that wasn't explained to me when I purchased the sled. I don't know what my total is but after the $3700 bulkhead bill last month it is climbing but definately not at $14000. And quite frankly I don't need to save money now; max me out! I just missed a month of riding for my bulkhead and now it looks like I will miss an extra week when there is a stock part sitting on my dealer's shelf.

Downtime's especially frustrating this year with the lack of snow. Now we are getting some decent dumps and I'm in the shop. Just anxious to get it back and ride so I can blow my DD (5100 mtn. miles on original DD- not many can claim that).

Well that's my situation, just wish Cat would honour their warranty better; rather than hoping all riders are weekend warriors who ride a couple times a month and don't have any claims. Thus allowing Cat to profit from extended warranties.

I feel ya. The pipe on my 09 broke and I'm supposed to weight until April to ride my sled. Thats when they can get one to my dealer. So I'm going to borrow one from a buddy until mine gets here but seriously a month for a freaking pipe. How are Polaris's on warranty? Not a happy customer and I make sure every one I know that sleds or buys ATVs know about my dealing with the warranty, I figure I have cost them at least 40k in sales by getting people to buy other brands, so Cat keep on treating customers like you are ad good luck staying in business.

B
Nov 27, 2007
Just woke up to head out for my last night shift and LOL'd. Thank you Arctic Cat for trying to save me money through this warranty claim. In this time of recession it makes way more sense to not put gas in my sled for my next four days off (probably would have burnt quite a bit as there is more snow in the forecast).

Thanks again for not allowing me to use the new cylinder of the dealers shelf. When I get the back ordered refurbished cylinder late next week I will be eight days closer to the end of the season and my wallet will be way fatter. :rolleyes:

B
Dec 21, 2006
What about seeing if the dealer will sell you the new one for a discounted price? Then you could sell the refurb to get most of your money back. That would get you out riding this weekend.

C

CO_MapMaker

Dec 3, 2007
Colorado
You would think your dealer would let you pay the difference in price in interest in getting you back on the snow?

Premium Features