• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carl's clutching

Seabass152

Premium Member
Jun 3, 2009
Truckee, Ca
Can anyone explain what the specs are on Carl's clutching (helix & weights) for a 09 D8? Sled is stock with vents, SLP air horn and SLP can.
Thanks

L

Lano

Dec 15, 2007
Buffalo, MN
pay to play

Call Carl's and order a custom helix, and then get a hold of Ron on here and have him build you a set of custom weights for your altitude. i did this prior to my trip to CO and my sled was perfect.
Lano

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
I am running Carls helix from 2 seasons ago on my 08 D8 and was originally using the weights they recommended but now last year went to Rons weights with the helix from Carls and it made one hell of a difference....pulls like a billy goat now...:eek:

Hardass

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Troy Montana
So you guys will not tell him what helix and wts? Is he competeing with you? Is that why? Come on help him out so he does not have to spend a bunch to find out.

F-Bomb

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
South West Idaho
www.f-bombracing.com
208-853-5550 Carls Cycle Sales Boise Idaho ask for parts or performance. Start with parts and if that person can't help you possibly move on to the performance department.

Interesting ethical debate....

What do the masses think on this subject?

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
I think that you can't get Carl's helix any where but Carl's... so call and order it from them.

You can get close with other helixes, but they have a custom angle that is only available from them.

I also think that keeping clutch setups secret is dang near impossible these days.

sled_guy

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
208-853-5550 Carls Cycle Sales Boise Idaho ask for parts or performance. Start with parts and if that person can't help you possibly move on to the performance department.

Interesting ethical debate....

What do the masses think on this subject?

If I spend all season clutching my turbo and spend lots of money and time doing it and my brother,,, waits for me to give him my specs I never give him alllllllll the info,,,,LOL it would just be wrong LOL its different if you can visually see something and try to mimic it,, but you alllll know tuning has always been hush hush top secret

Seabass152

Premium Member
Jun 3, 2009
Truckee, Ca
I should have been more clear. I am not looking for trade secrets. I just wanted to know what everyone that has Carl's set up is running. I will call them.

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
I had a bad experience at Carl's concerning their top secret clutching. I had a handful of about $400 worth of stuff (doesn't take much arm space to spend $400!) and went over to the counter and talked to some dirty rotten sob about needing the clutch stuff. I didn't ask him the specs I asked him to get me the parts after the parts counter sent me there to get the info for them. He then started asking all sorts of questions, first one being if I had a pipe and can. The answer was yes. The next one was Did you buy your sled here? I answered no but that I had tried. By the time I decided to buy one they were sold out. They were my first call since I buy my Honda dirt bikes there and all of the stupid expensive accessories to go with. The last thing that F**cker said to me was that he couldn't help me and kinda turned and ignored me. That really fried my *** and I was ready to drop my s##it right there and say a few parting words and stomp out the big loser when Rick saved the day and a customer. Maybe they really don't care about just one customer and their secrets are worth more to them personally so they alone can be king of the mountain, but lucky for them they do have some decent people who actually care to make sure their "customers" have a great time on the mountain and do come back to purchase their parts from that store.
I'm hoping that the dude I talked to isn't the Chris everyone always says is the good guy in the service dept. because if it is......well not sure what to say. I feel a dealer that does the R$D should be doing that to sell those products to thier customers or future customers. Why bother if not and why tell anybody you have the perfect set-up if you won't sell it? I was there BUYING s##it! I AM a customer!! Whoever Rick talked to in the back with the set-up info outta have a talk with the charmer over in service. I have a feeling Jack doesn't deal that way. Just sharing my experience. I'm not here to bash but you kinda asked! I am cool with Carl's as a whole so don't misunderstand, that day was just plain wrong. Maybe dude doesn't work there anymore from the sounds of how everyone else has been helped.

P.S. Their set-up really is awesome!:beer;

Premium Features