• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carls 840 or Turbo?

H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
Thats a tough decision. I would say Turbo but then again for the long run the 840 would be cheaper I would imagine. (Pump gas and all) However it will all depend on what kind of riding you plan to do and what elevation you plan on riding. Either way you will have one heck of a sled and should have as much fun as possible!

H
Jan 9, 2003
Sparks, Nevada
True hp at altitude is worth it!! However you have to be willing to spend the money to play the game. If you dont use 110 motor octone race fuel you will burn down at higher boost levels.. Mixing fuel is not a big deal. Most bb sleds mix fuel too.

H
Dec 5, 2006
Pendleton, Oregon
See, that just seems like a pain in the a$$. Can you transport 110 around in plastic gas cans? Then just mix it like you would mix oil and gas for a chain saw or weed waker? Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I obviously have no idea when it comes to higher octane then pump gas.

Austin

R

Ron

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 4, 2006
Boise
I've seen it done a lot & not a real big deal. Just not as easy as pump gas & you can't gas up in remote areas using other fuel. Probably carry extra gas more often for insurance.

Premium Features