• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can't decide 2012 Pro Rmk 800 or 2012 Summit X 800 Etec

S
According to most of what i have read on this forum most guys would say go with the Pro, however i've had reliability problems in the past with Anything and everything polaris that ive had and mostly what my dad has had. I dont have a "reliable or good dealer" nearby for either sled so no matter which brand i get, if i have warranty issues i'll have to haul it about 230 miles. I really dont want to be hauling my brand new sled back and forth to kremling this winter. Whats the best option for me and what do you guys like 155/154 or 163 inch track?

Thanks, Steven

550iq

Oct 7, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Well how about the new Cat; have a good Cat dealer close? Try them all on for size and purchase the one that fits and live with it. Can't go wrong with any of them.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
I also had issues with my 08 Dragon. I bought an Etec and tried to like it and it definitely has it's plusses. In the end I still liked the easier handling of the Polaris and bought a Pro. The Doo is for sale.

S
Well how about the new Cat; have a good Cat dealer close? Try them all on for size and purchase the one that fits and live with it. Can't go wrong with any of them.

Yeah ive never been a big fan of arctic cat, and with everything new this year i don't see buying one. My dads got an 11 summit x and absolutely loves it, he had a 08 dragon (whichever was red, i think 08) and when the recall did the piston and ecm upgrade on it so it wouldn't blow the motor it turned into a total turd. This buddy, big time arctic cat guy just bought his first polaris 12 Pro rmk, hasn't picked it up yet, but i guess thats what i'm going off of.

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
I would recommend riding both before you buy one. They are both totally different handling sleds. Then pick the one you like the best and ride the tar out of it.

Premium Features