• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cans..... the neverending questione

S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
I'm looking for a can to save weight on my 2011 PRMK, I do not want more sound or more HP(intentionally)I just want to save pounds....
I've been looking at this:

http://bikemanperformance.com/snowm...sh-assault-rmk-800-full-velocity-muffler.html

But I've heard that others who have changed can's on these RMK have got allot of weird problems such as temp issues, clutching problems an bogging...
Anybody in here who has experienced this?

s1d3w1nd3r1480

Premium Member
Sep 6, 2013
Mid-Michigan
I have Silber's Unit 6 carbon fiber silencer on my 17 Pro RMK TD 155. I can't speak for HP +/- as it has been on sled since new but it is much lighter and sounds great. It is a bit louder than stock (at idle and burping the throttle on trackstand. Never rode with stock on) and does talk a bit at WOT but not unbearable. It sounds real great personally and no one I ride with complains about the sound when I carve past them or catwalk.

Also I should add that sled temps are never a problem and I have had to do more low snow road/trail riding than I would prefer this year. Enough to wear out my stock scratchers already but temps have never risen about 129-131 while in these conditions. Also I have no noticed any quickdrive belt heat from exhaust. Actually it takes a bit of riding to build up enough underhood can heat to warm up my goggle bag.

I definitely recommend this can for the price and fit and finish of it. They do sell them with a kit including a fuel controller if so inclined but from my talks with them there is no need and the only gain is the ability to add fuel to points of the fuel curve that could use some extra. They did guarantee I wouldn't lose any HP.

Last edited:

BILTIT

Premium Member
Apr 9, 2011
Lloydminster, SK
The quiet version isn't overly loud by any means. I prefer stock noise levels and this can is not too much louder. My slp intake/vforce reeds make as much noise as the can.

The lite can is much too loud for my ears though.

S

stem

Mar 1, 2008
Norway
Thanks for all the reply's, I'll take them all into consideration.
But another thing that I didn't mention in the first post: Does any of the cans above require clutching/fuel control changes?
And since I'm riding at 1300ft til 2300ft, will this have any effect on which can I have to choose?

s1d3w1nd3r1480

Premium Member
Sep 6, 2013
Mid-Michigan
But another thing that I didn't mention in the first post: Does any of the cans above require clutching/fuel control changes?
And since I'm riding at 1300ft til 2300ft, will this have any effect on which can I have to choose?

I ride low elevation and do not believe it will affect your clutching. I put in MDS clutch weights the minute I brought the sled home so I do not have much valuable input but I can say that I put in the setup recommended by Steve for my sled and elevation and it was spot on. And this was before I picked up the can so I am gunna say you should have any changes to make with the Silber can.

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
I run on my 14 Poo and my 14 M8 GGB cans- you can have the "Mountain can" which is 3.8 lbs total weight and is not to loud till you crack the power valves and then it barks - but not like the jaw's can
Other option ( and what I run) is GGB Trail can- nice deep tone and maintains that when the WOT is applied.
No clutching is required- and cleans up the bottom end

Sold and installed these on the new XP& Xm of doo and never threw a code or any issues (guaranteed) on any sled MFG....
I can get these direct or you can purchase directly from GGB

Great fit and priced right.

http://www.ggb.ca/

S/C

Last edited:
B
Feb 15, 2015
what can to chooose

just bought a 15 pro rmk and having issues with deciding on what can to buy. I want it to be some what quiet on the trail, but if to crack the throttle kinda want a snap, when leading to the powder and when I climb I want some noise but not obnoxiously loud to where my friends and I cant think. looked at the JAWS and the snostuff rumble can. the GGB seams a bit loud and the MBRP was crazy loud, on my friends cat.

thanks!

H

Hopfarmer

Oct 6, 2012
Idaho Falls
I have a 13' PRO and put a HPS can on after break in. Love the sound....not loud on the trail in but barks once opened up. No adjustments need and I believe it made it run crisper.

D

dp2826

Dec 31, 2007
NW Iowa
Who makes one that is somewhat middle of the road for loudness? Don't want loud and don't necessarily want a quiet can either. I think somewhere in the middle would be good.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010

Might wanna have some lighter clutch weights on hand... Never seen a can that need heavier ones. lol

Premium Features