• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CALLING ALL MC, 1M AND KK OWNERS!

S
Dec 24, 2009
Northern Minnesota
Im Building a mod sled and I need help. I started this a few years back with the help of REEB, RIXTER and IDCATMAN3. Unfortunatly I suffered a permanent lower spinal injury on the job and have been in physical therapy for 2 yrs. IM BACK! and now I am trying to finish a dream. SO with that past said, Heres what I have... I have a 2002 MC 800.(complete) Got a 2004 KK bulkhead and tunnel to swap the MC motor into, and a 05 M7 162" skid with 162" Maverick ported track. Thats all... Looking for parts, mods, tips and tricks! I want to try and lighten this kitty up!! Can anyone help me???

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Glad to hear you're doing better!

Sounds like you're on a good track, there's lots of mod options in the "best mods" thread.

A lot of people will say to do a forward mount steering post, I'm not as gung-ho about that as some.

As for weight, there's not a lot you can do on a budget. A lighter exhaust is pretty easy, as is a hood.

Meatman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I have a set of SLP twins with stingers front dump, Ti Jackshaft with lightweight rotor.

brake, handlebar set up, drop and roll gear box,

Outlaw Composites firecat style hood fitted for the 1M, black plastics w/2cool vents.

Massive U cooler, clear fueltank, CR rack SLP brake light, CR chromoly steering hoop....I got a few other odds and ends running around also. PM me if there is anything you are interested in

S
Dec 24, 2009
Northern Minnesota
Thank you IDCATMAN3 good to talk to you again. Ya alot of ppl say that the forward steering is great. I think im going to keep it stock for now. Dont like the idea of grinding on motor mount to make post fit.
You have mounted a m8 skid into your zr chassis. How hard is it? on my 05 m7 skid is there probs? ppl say to replace the rails to new style because of tensioning?? Im going to put wahl no slip drivers.. Opinions? Things i need to do? Thanks guys for all the info and parts, im interested! Please keep it coming. :clap2:

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
The M skid in the 1M is easy, center to center distance is the same. There's a write up here:
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192082

It says '08+, but should apply to yours as well.

I'm not sure about replacing the rails.

If you're going to run a 3" pitch track, I'd just find a King Cat driveshaft with the stock cat drivers. IMO they are better than the Wahls.

B
Dec 2, 2007
Huson, MT
I have the adjustable height fabcraft foreward mount steering post. Love it. And I agree on the power claw track..nothing better in the deep powder. To lighten up I went with diamond s mesh hood and boss seat. Although I like the wrp mountain seat as well. Running an m10 rear suspension. Good luck.

Premium Features